Chapter 44 (The End)

One deep breath to calm my nerves.

One twitch of the arms to shake off the nerves.

One twitch of the legs to kick off the nerves.

One close of the eyes to block out all distractions.

I was ready.

"For the International Championship Competition here we have the last two competitors! This is bound to be the toughest battle that any both of these groups have ever done. In the right corner we have Black Illusion! The international winners for the past 3 years all the way from China! And in the left corner we have Diversity! The new group all the way from America although the dancers are from all over the world. Australians, Americans, Africans, British, Japanese, Chinese and a whole lot more. Name a country and they'll have someone from there. This new group just got put together this year and have been training non stop. This is going to be the battle of the year and without further ado, we'll have the captains flip the coin to see who goes first and get started. Let's give it up for both of these groups!" The crowd cheered once the announcer finished, holding an old fashioned microphone that hung from the ceiling. He moved over a little bit and gestured for the captains to come forward.

The captain from Black Illusion came forward first. I knew who he was, Bingwen Hé. Roughly 6"3, 17 years old, strong build, brilliant dancer, captain for the last 3 years and he was fairly attractive I guess. He had been the captain for 3 years and in the same studio for 5 years. The whole team would be so bonded by now that they would be family. Our team had only know each other for a year and to get into the group we had to audition and fight to get a spot. 100 people auditioned for our group and out of that, only 13 remained.

Taking a deep breath, I built up the courage to walk up to the centre of the stage. That's right, I Taylor Farewell, was captain of diversity. It seemed so crazy to think that I had actually gotten this far. One year ago I left Abby Lee Dance Company. One year ago I found a new dance studio. One year ago I told Nick that I loved him for the first time.

My life has been crazy ever since then. Only a month after I had joined the studio, I was encouraged to audition for the group. The month after that, I was in bootcamp for this group and the month after that, I was named captain of Diversity. Not to mention that I was the only girl on the team and before that only 3 other girls had auditioned.

I was honoured really.

Walking up, I tried not to show just how intimidated I was. That was the thing, you had to be brave and ruthless if you wanted to survive in these battles. Especially if you were a girl, in fact the only girl in the whole competition now.

Bingwen was extremely tall in my eyes and I had to lift my head up high to see his face. "Heads," He said with a thick Chinese accent that was kind of hot. Of course it's not like I would date him at all, I loved Nick with everything I had. The announcer looked at me as if to ask if that was okay. I gave a small nod and he flipped the coin. The announcers hand covered the coin so that we couldn't see and picked up the microphone.

"Blue Illusion starts first!" He yelled with excitement the get the crowd pumping. Bingwen and I quickly shook hands and I gave him a small nod to say good luck. Obviously I didn't want him to have any luck but it was the sportsmanship kind of thing to do.

We walked back to our teams and my team all patted me on the back. They knew how nervous I got when I had to go up towards other team captains. I stood in the middle with Zack and Mason who were really my right hand men. They were pretty much the only other competitors that I had when it came to being captain. Don't get me wrong, everyone on the team were such strong dancers and there weren't any weak links on the team.