Chapter 7 *EDITED*

"Good job girls!" Kelly screamed and hugged her kids when we walked into the dressing room a little out of breath from the running and laughing.

"Alright so who's getting changed first?" Holly asked as she touched up Nia's makeup for the group as she was already ready for it.

"Um how about it's Maddie, Paige, Brooke and Taylor?" Jill suggested not paying too much attention to us as she fixed up Kendall's hair.

Maddie went in to get changed first so as I was waiting for my turn I did my makeup and hair.After Maddie, Paige and Brooke were changed it was finally my turn. I walked behind the curtains with mum waiting outside again and put on my costume. The costume looked more like store bought clothes as it probably was. It had white short shorts (not too short) and a dark blue tank top. There was a kind of white short sleeved jacket thing. It looked pretty nice, not something I would where out but nice.

I walked out and took more notice of the costumes that the girls were wearing. They had the same clothes except that there were different coloured tank tops. Kendall had pink, Brooke had purple, Chloe had yellow, Nia had a light orange, Maddie had a dark red, Mackenzie was in a light blue and Paige had a light shade of green.

"Nia that colour doesn't really suit you. Swap with Maddie and we'll see how that looks." Abby announced as she was checking our costume. Nia and Maddie swapped and the red one looked better than the orange on Nia. The orange made her look washed out.

"Girls I think that you look alright. Now go out into the hall and practice." Abby told us before walking out into the hall obviously expecting us to follow. Half of the camera men went outside and told us to wait for them until they were ready. It was really annoying having them film pretty much every minute of it and be all in our faces. So far I haven't had an interview but I guess that my time will come soon. I'm honestly dreading it, having a camera shoved in my face and talking in front of a bunch of random people is not my idea of fun. The camera men told us to go so we started practicing. Usually whenever I practiced like this, I try to only focus on what we were doing, not on anyone else but it a little different to have everyone watching and having cameras in your face.

"Point your toes! Paige look more fierce! Brooke don't look like such a slob." Abby yelled at us. The one about pointing our toes kind of confused me. Usually you don't have to point your feet as such as Abby wanted us to. She was yelling at us to point our feet like how we do in a contemporary or lyrical piece. I decided to just do as Abby says so that she would stop yelling. She needs to calm down and put a sock in her mouth. Seriously!

"Well, well, well what do we have here, Abby?" The lady that I think was Cathy asked while she and her team walked down the hall towards us. "Is that a new team member? Is she going to stay for what one day?" At this being said all of the parents and her seemed to laugh loudly.

"Okay, what are you doing here? Can't you just go on with your day? I swear that your practically stalking us." Abby groaned throwing her head back before walking right up to her. Right at that minute, the mums walked out and they all groaned. Surprisingly, even my mum groaned.

"What are you doing here, Cathy? Can't you just go and leave us alone?" Christi asked but you could tell that she was over it. I guess that they all were. I had seen enough of the show to know how many times they had gone face to face against Cathy.

"So what's your name?" Cathy asked me as she walked up to us. For some reason everyone had seemed to moved towards each other. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the producers motioning for me to answer and step closer to her.

"Taylor," I pretty much whispered looking away from her. When I meet new people it's as if I become a mute. Sad, I know but I can't help it.

"Well, Kayla is it? This is my team, the Candy Apples. I saw your solo and loved it. Of course it can't compete with Nick's though." Saying the last part she pulled Nick forward, by the shoulders, to stand in front of her and smiled proudly though Nick looked a little uncomfortable he smiled sadly at me. She was right though, I know that Nick is an amazing dancer and I'm an okay dancer. Nick was going to beat me for sure and Abby was going to kill me.

"Her names Taylor and she was way better than Nick. I think that you should go and we'll just let the judges decide. Bye bye." Jill defended coming up behind me and placing her hands on my shoulders all the while glaring at Cathy. Looking down, I heard all of the other mums come up behind me. "Guess that we'll just wait and see then." With that Cathy walked off with her team trailing behind. Nick turned around and gave me a small smile before walking in time with the rest of his team.

"Thanks." I whispered to Jill as we started to make our way back to where we were practicing before. "Don't worry about it. We're a team and that's what we do." Jill smiled at me and put her hand on her shoulder before walking over to the other mums.

"Okay girls, we don't have anymore time for you to practice so go backstage and line up." Abby walked away after that. Does she always do that? She is great at encouraging her team. The complete opposite of my old dance teacher. She was amazing!

"Taylor! Come on!" Paige shouted shaking me from my thoughts and grabbed my hand leading me to the other girls and mums.

We all walked to where the mums and the girls would split apart. Mum came up to me, hugged me and whispered encouraging words into my ear. Mum always had a way to make me less nervous. That is if she wasn't getting on my nerves. Right as we walked backstage we heard, "Can we have Abby Lee Dance Company line up please!" from one of the helpers. Going up to where we had to go, we started to run through our dance.

"Now we have number 184 with 'Want to beat me.' " The same person who announced my solo called.

We lined up and waited until we were cued to walk out on stage and get into our positions. Once we were in our position, the music started and so did we. Mackenzie forgot a step and so did Chloe. At one point Brooke and Maddie were a little fast but it wasn't too noticeable. You can't really blame them it as it was a really fast song and it made you want to move really fast. I gave my all into the performance even though I was in the last row. Giving the best facial expressions I could we ended the dance on a high. Overall I think that we did pretty well. We walked offstage and had a massive group hug. Pulling out of the hug I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Can I get your number?" Nick asked with a cheeky grin.

"I don't know. You see I was saving it for this special person." I jokingly told him smiling back.

"Well then I'll just give you my number." Nick was still smiling as he pulled out his phone and motioned for me to give him my phone.

We swapped numbers before the girls and I had to go. Sadly I couldn't stay and watch Nick's group number. Walking back I felt a buzz in my pocket after a few minutes. Pulling it out I saw that it was a text from Nick.

The Awesomest Person In The World Nick: Hey, just finished our group. Not as good as yours but see you at awards. :)

Laughing at Nicks name for himself, I entered the dressing room with a smile on my face. Now all that I had to do was wait for awards. I was both excited and nervous with thoughts of what Abby would say in my head.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys! Really sorry about how long it took for me to write this. I'm also really sorry about how bad this is.

Thank you so much for reading!!!!!!

-Taylor