16 → gallimaufry

Gallimaufry:
a hodgepodge; a confused jumble.

I didn't expect myself to currently be with Liam and Ed for many reasons. I've never hung out with either two without the company of Niall. But then again Niall isn't speaking to me.

He hasn't spoken to me since last night at the bolder.

We'd gone to sleep without conversing and woken up without conversing too. I was a bit appalled that the both of us got ready without getting in each other's way to spark a conversation, but it had happened anyway.

Niall had readied before me and left cabin nine without saying a single word to me, though the slam of our door said enough.

I sulked after his abrupt departure, not knowing whether to feel lonely or confused so I went with a combination of both, sitting myself on the edge of my mattress to stare at nothing for almost an hour.

The hour was torturous. Frequent thoughts and enquiries that only consisted of Niall led me to leave cabin nine. The thoughts practically held the entrance door for me on the way out.

I didn't make it down one step without hearing the call of my name:

"Oi mate, Harry!"

I turned to see Liam and Ed both walking my way. I greeted them with a small wave and a far from wide amiable smile before descending down the remainder of steps.

Liam and Ed met me at the entrance to my cabin, all three of us standing in the form of a triangle.

"Where you headed?" Liam asked breaking the silence.

I shrugged, "Nowhere specific."

Ed and Liam nodded simultaneously.

"We're going row boating," Ed announced with a wide grin. "Come along? We could tip the boat again, I'm sure you won't mind."

I laugh breathily whilst Liam said, "Lou told me about that! He came back to our cabin wet and-"

Liam was cut off by Ed.

"Wouldn't be the first time," he remarked as I laugh a bit harder.

That was enough for me to take up their offering, accompanying both them both to the water. Liam said they needed an extra person anyways.

"Why didn't you ask Louis to come?" I found myself timidly asking.

Liam, Ed, and Louis are all really close; closer than I am to Liam and Ed.

"He's with Niall," Liam simply answered.

"Oh," I murmured softly. The thought of Niall hanging out alone with someone other than me felt sort of peculiar.

Liam didn't continue our conversation further, I was slightly thankful for that. Maybe because Niall's already clouding my thoughts of his odd behaviour from last night and a conversation that contained the main topic of Niall would be far from tolerable.

I tried to shrug off the abnormal emotions, focusing on the familiar path that led towards the water.

Unfortunately we didn't stop at the water but instead at the canteen. One of the places I despise most out of every destination within the outdoor institution.

I still, however, followed Ed and Liam inside all the same.

Ed led us to a table on the far right, further away from where Niall and I usually sit, and automatically sat. I chose to seat myself across from him as Liam sat next to Ed.