25 → marcid

Marcid:
withered; incredibly exhausted.

I had the worst headache some days later and I couldn't figure why or how to make it go away. It wouldn't vanish under any circumstance. No matter how much I wanted it to.

Niall tried his best to distract me from the agonising constant pain by telling me youth stories before his arrival here. It barely worked.

All I could focus on was the heavy throb originating from the middle of my head.

"Maybe you need to eat," Niall suggests about an hour into my suffering.

He was sat next to me on my bed as his pale fingers ran through the tangles of my thick hair.

I relax into the soft touch, my head resting on his shoulder with my eyes shut in attempt to simmer the throb.

"I don't want to eat," I whine.

"Cupcake, you have to eat," he argues.

I sigh dramatically, already full from the brief discussion of consumption. I was telling the truth: I didn't want to eat. Hungry, yes but moving from the comfort of my bed for a small breakfast wasn't at all worth it.

"I'm tired." I pout, "Exhausted really."

Niall shifts. The precipitous movement causing my eyes to open, turning to face him.

"I'll go," he volunteers, already slipping on his jogging bottom once he rises from my bed.

I goto protest but Niall wasn't tolerating it.

"You're famished I'm going and that's final," he declares before closing our cabin door leaving me alone in the process.

I sigh, exhaustingly turning over again to find comfort in the quilts. They were plush, snugged, but they weren't as comfortable as Niall really.

His shoulder alone had more comfort than any duvet I've ever coddled prior. Disregarding Niall's hostile behaviour, he was more comforting than anything.

Comforting, encouraging, and just a jumble of other positive influentials. He just wanted to see me progress and the desire and motivation is, however, mutual.

Even if we were more focused on my problem I still cared about his nasty habit. The one he'd mentioned he's still struggling from-- the rather gruesome addiction that he can't seem to get rid off, though I wouldn't judge him since I'm not perfect either.

The sound of the cabin nine door opening snaps me from my thoughts. Niall enters our cabin with a brown paper bag in his hand right after he closes the front door.

I watch him kick off his trainers before joining me on my bed, automatically positioning himself in the spot he was in previously before he had left.

"I got you saltines, water, and a banana," he announces as he places the paper bag onto my lap.

"Thank you," I murmur gratefully.

Niall watches me finish off most of a banana and half of a saltine. Surprisingly after ingesting the food my aching had faded. The heavy throb that formed mid head disappeared with a new relief replacing the antecedent pain.

I made sure to repeatedly thank Niall for volunteering to make the canteen trip and highly suggesting for me to eat. As usual, he shrugged me off only placing a kiss to my forehead before complimenting my so called beauty.

I blush, immediately denying the praise. I couldn't see what Niall saw of me most of the time but I knew from my perspective that I wasn't at all beautiful. I was nowhere near as adorable and fit as Niall.

His flawless physical features. From those sparkling pair of blue eyes, the most unique colour I've ever seen. They were nearly crystal clear. His pink lips were perfection too-- fitting flawlessly against mine every time we met in for a kiss.

A kiss that made my heart pummel at any given rate. That can shift the pale colour of my cheeks into a flaming hot red colour, crimson, within seconds because it was Niall that was kissing me—showing me affection that I've never seen nor experienced until now.

And I was more than content to have this connection with Niall out of the others within Tape. Content to have him on my side as well as I am on his fighting off our habits together instead of alone.

"You are beautiful," Niall reminds me. "And you shouldn't, at all, be embarrassed to share your problem with anyone else."

"I'm not," I answer truthfully because I was being honest. "It's just a comfort thing, really," I admit.

"Why are you feeling uncomfortable?"

I shrug, not knowing how to answer the intellectual question. Niall was okay with me not answering.

"Then we'll work on it," he deems.

"Then we'll work on you?" I question.

Niall nods, pressing his lips against my forehead. "Yes cupcake. Then we'll work on me."

Just like that the earlier day turned out to be better than I had expected it to really. The ache in my head vanished causing me to feel a great relief afterwards due to Niall's suggestion and volunteering.

I had received the daily compliment I was beginning to dote today and I had another thing to work on.

Sure, it wouldn't be too easy to achieve but with the help of Niall, I could achieve just about anything. I just hope he knew the same exact thing.
__________________________________________________________________________

A.N; Part 25 was a filler, shorter than average but I hope you still liked it.

Thank you all for reading it's honestly amazing! You're all amazing and I'm very appreciative for the attention Tape gets after every update. Thank you all.

Do you think Harry will ever become comfortable with telling others about his EDNOS?

Thoughts on Niall's morbid, intentional addiction? Do you think he'll progress also?

Follow • Share • Vote • Comment

Remember always: Happy Reading!