21 → ineluctable

Ineluctable:
unable to be resisted or avoided; inescapable, irresistible.

It was another two days to add along to me and Niall's silence. We haven't had a decent conversation in so long that I was forced to believe he'd never speak to me again.

The whole weekend was spent in an almost blur. Niall and I going our routinely separate ways to go out with our habitual mates until it was time to retreat back to cabin nine, our shared cabin.

Liam had kept to his word when he said he'd make sure I take in any amount of nutrients because he did make sure I ate something every time I was around him.

He'd always slip saltines my way if we were in the canteen and he'd always make sure to offer me anything edible when we were far from the canteen. Liam was being pretty supportive.

He hadn't judged my problem nor said any blows like Niall did and I was truly appreciative for that and him. For his comprehended outlook on others lives and understanding towards overly everything. Liam was just sincerely amazing.

It felt peculiar to have someone there to listen to your situations and just actually listen to them, not just nod along pretending to. It felt entirely odd to have someone there for me in general, but I was grateful Liam was that someone.

But sometimes I just wish it was worth it with Niall. That when I had confessed that personal secret he wouldn't have just ran off and ignored me for the past weeks, but embrace me just like Liam had.

Why couldn't Niall have a persona similar to Liam?

Why couldn't he be more understanding?

I wanted to ask Niall hundreds of questions to smother him with, but I didn't have the courage to randomly speak to him.

Especially when he was like this; evil, unfriendly, and just.. evil.

Frequent glares and grimaces and tensional silences that couldn't be cut with a knife nor a power chain. It made me afraid of what'll happen if I did speak up first. Maybe another blow to lacerate me with.

The day I had gotten the privilege to hear Niall's voice in what felt like forever, I had the opportunity to hear discourteous words from it.

I sat in my permanent seat between Louis and Dilan trying to ignore the constant thoughts with the main topic of Niall.

Just when I had thought the thoughts went away, they had turned and did the complete opposite—spiralling me from reality, the right now. All the same I tried to ignore the burden, attempting to focus my attention on the soft voice sounding through the confinements of the group session cabin.

Bean.

She was doing her usual ramble, blowing through topic to topics leaving the mass of teens to either adore her babble or angrily ignore her babble. I was somewhere in between the two options.

Not intentionally ignoring her lengthy speech, I just happened to drift away from the current, though I've always admired Bean's character. Her always happy behaviour, bright beams matching with her bright crystal eyes, it was just adoring.

"I think that's enough Bean," Miss Siddle decided to cut off the platinum haired girl once she started speaking of sunshine and other weather conditions that we've experienced in the past week.

Bean giggled before nodding in agreement with Miss Siddle. That was enough of a cue for our counsellor to continue on with the rest of her organised plan for this Monday.