35 → paraprosexia

Paraprosexia:
constant distraction.

The weekend passes by quickly and every minute of it was spent with Niall and Liam. The objective was to make Liam smile again, which was very hard since he wouldn't flinch a grin nearly most times.

But that didn't at all stop Niall and I from trying every moment we received.

We knew there was no coming back from the appalled departure, unless Louis was abruptly returning, so it was understandable, Liam's grieving.

He managed to stop crying in eyes view whenever he was around Niall, I, and the others. Yet we didn't know how Liam acted whenever he was in the depths of cabin five. I just hoped it wasn't anything too fatal.

On Saturday it took a lot of convincing and quarrelling for Liam to agree on accompanying Niall and I around for several hours.

After some time, he agreed-- dragging his drowsy body behind Niall through the front door of cabin five for the rest of noon. Liam looked extremely exhausted: darker marks underneath his eyes, almost bloodshot eyes, and milky skin exhausted.

The sight was concerning.

I remember asking him if he was okay but he only nodded, murmuring an it'll be okay sooner or later before shifting topics away from the mention of Louis. It was blatantly obvious Liam felt discomforted by the appearance of any topic related to Louis-- who could blame him?

It felt entirely peculiar without Louis around- even if it had been a day since his leave.

Liam didn't seem to be enjoying his free day with myself and Niall. Drifting off or distancing himself from discussions and activities for more than half the Saturday.

He was silent during crafts and our trips to the canteen, not consuming much as habitual, and he barely flinched at the horror film playing at the film cabin later that day.

By the end of Saturday Liam looked happier at the thought of returning back to cabin five than leaving it. Revealing a half smile whilst he retreated back to his solo cabin before the returning time. The thought of being left alone refreshing to him.

So we left him alone.. until noon Sunday.

He didn't look, at all, surprised to see us at his front door. Practically forcing him for outer time around Tape. This time he didn't put up a fight against us-- sighing melodramatically before leaving behind us for the rest of Sunday.

He was still distance from discussions and disfavouring any activities the three of us participated in. Liam still drifted off to his own world more constant than habitual.

It didn't seem like Liam wanted any of our company really.

He wanted to be left alone, but he wouldn't say that to any of us; he's too nice.

I received the hint as well as Niall did, so we chose to leave him alone. Not forcing him to stay out any longer with us and he seemed relieved about that.

So Niall and I remained out, snogging at our bolder before it was time to return to cabin nine. And maybe we did other things before the night was through.