Crowded Busses and Unspoken Feelings

"People actually do this daily," Minho grumbled as the three boys squeezed onto the crowded subway.

"Well yeah we wouldn't have to have taken this way if someone hadn't tried to 'fix the car' and let me take it to the shop," Newt snapped, glaring at Thomas.

"I didn't think it would start smoking! I only hit and twisted a few things!" Thomas yelled.

"Well you're not a mechanic slinthead," Minho rolled his eyes.

Thomas stuck his tongue out at him and crossed his arms.

"Okay can we just find a bloody seat," Newt asked, sounding a little annoyed.

The subway train was absolutely packed, people talking on phones, checking their briefcases and reading the newspaper filled most of the seats.

"There's two open ones over there, one of us is gonna have to stand," Minho said, pointing to the far end of the train.

"I'll will," Newt offered before a fight broke out between his two very immature best friends.

"Thanks Newtie," Thomas grinned before dragging Minho along to the seats.

A pang of jealously shot through Newt's heart when he saw Thomas touch Minho but he just shook his head and stood in front of the other two, holding onto the handle that was attached to the roof above him.

It doesn't matter, I don't even like him that way, Newt tried to convince himself as he watched Thomas and Minho chat away.

A voice suddenly came up on the speaker,"We should be arriving at out next stop in about 45 minutes, making only a few stops along the way, please stay seated or hold onto the strap handles and be respectful. Thank you have a nice day."

"That's to long," Thomas groaned.

"Next time don't touch my shucking car Tommy," Newt glared at the little brunette boy who stuck out his lower lip.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to help."

Newt rolled his eyes but inside his heart was aching at how badly he wanted to kiss that little pout.

"Where are we even going again?" Minho asked loudly.

"To the pharmacy, to get my meds," Newt quietly explained. He didn't like people knowing about what was wrong with him. If he didn't get his pills he had random freak outs that got violent and loud. Thomas was usually the only person who could calm him down.

Minho just nodded, understanding and kept his mouth shut.

The train lurched and rocked along the tracks as it sped through the underground. Newt was having trouble keeping his balance.

Suddenly the train stopped and the doors flew open. After everyone was on, almost the entire train was full. There was barely any room to breathe.

The train lurched to life again and everyone struggled to stay on their feet. A man stumbled and shoved Newt by accident who fell right into Thomas's lap.

Blushing furiously he struggled to stand up.

"I'm bloody sorry..."

Suddenly Newt felt Thomas's gentle hands on his hips, pulling him back down.

"You're fine, just sit here," he smiled making Newt's heart rate pick up a million beats per second.

"Um okay thanks," Newt mumbled trying to conceal his red cheeks.

Thomas had a tight grip on Newt's hips, making it hard for him to think straight. Then he started lightly running his thumbs in little circles and lines making Newt squirm.

"Sorry are my legs uncomfortable?" Thomas laughed as he wrapped his arms around Newt's torso and rested his face on his back.

"Nope, not at all," Newt voice was shaky and butterflies were attacking his stomach.

"Your hearts beating really fast, are you gonna freak out?" Thomas asked, sounding concerned.

"No you bloody idiot it's because you're holding me!" Newt snapped.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you minded," Thomas looked a little hurt.

Newt groaned,"you're making my heart beat because I like you!"

"WHAT!" Minho's jaw dropped.

"You like me...?" Thomas ignored Minho.

"Yes," Newt covered his face with his hands, embarrassed with what he just said.

Thomas grinned then kissed Newt's cheek innocently.

"Will someone please tell me what is shucking going on here," Minho pleaded.

"Me and Newtie are gonna date," Thomas beamed like a child in Christmas.

"Wait...what?" Newt turned in Thomas's lap so he was sitting sideways and he could face him.

"I like you too Newt," Thomas sheepishly locked eyes with the shocked looking blonde boy.

Before Newt could say anything Thomas's lips were on his own.

The kiss only lasted a second but it was enough to make both boy's insides flip.

"Awh shuck gross," Minho covered his eyes.

"Sorry Minho, I can't help myself," Thomas smirked then wrapped his arms back around Newt.

"I'm glad you fell on me," he murmured against his shirt.

Newt just laughed and ruffled his hair.

Maybe Subways weren't so bad....

I'm seeing the scorch trials tomorrow! Finally omg I'm so exciteddddd. I love writing these tbh. Well remember to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!
-Kara