Not Really Passing Notes

Question: Do you guys like this book anymore? Like should I continue it?
I'd love it if you commented an answer :) Anyways here's the update now!

Newt groaned as he flopped down at his seat in his Calculus class. It was his third year being in the class due to failing last year. It wasn't that he didn't try it was just...math wasn't his strong suit.

He sat down at the same desk he's had the entire time he's been in this class. Everyone just kind of knew that was his and steered clear.

He ran his fingers along the desk but stopped when he saw fresh small pencil marks curled into words.

Hey who ever sits here

Newt smiled as he pulled out his pencil and wrote small under it

Hey, so sorry we have to both suffer though this hell

Not thinking anything of it Newt zoned out for the period till the bell rang and he rushed out as fast as he could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Newt sat at the same spot and was surprised to see more writing. The stuff before it was erased and the new words lie there.

Preach, I can't take a year of this

Newt rolled his eyes as he wrote back under it.

One year? Try 3.. yup I failed twice

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They talked back and forth for awhile, about anything that wasn't personal just in case someone read their conversation pieces.

Newt was almost excited for math now, excited to talk to his...desk friend.

When he read today's message he grinned.

Txt me, much easier. Sticky note under the desk

Sure enough newt's fingers felt the soft paper and he pulled it off the surface. There was a number scribbled onto it which Newt happily put into his phone.

Newt: Hey, it's the boy from the desk

He texted before shutting off his phone, his heart pounding slightly. He was nervous almost, like the person wouldn't respond.

But sure enough a text lit up the screen moments later.

Desk Kid: Hey! Didn't think you'd actually text me...you're a boy huh? Same here

Newt was to absorbed in texting to pay attention to class.

Newt: Do I get to know your name?

Desk Kid: Aw that's no fun..ruins the mystery ;)

Newt: Whatever you say...

Desk Kid: Hey aren't you in Calc? PAY ATTENTION

Newt: Never have never will mystery boy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They texted back and forth for about 4 weeks. Neither of them knew eachothers name. It would have been fairly simple for the desk kid to find Newt's name, he was the only senior who failed Calc twice already but he made him swear not to ask anyone. One day they'd hang out but whatever they were doing right now, the texting, was fun and neither of them wanted to change it.

Newt was walking to lunch when his phone lit up.

Desk Kid: Got detention for texting you in class...