Purging

kinda violent. kinda smutty

Newt ran down the street as he panted loudly. He constantly checked behind him as he ducked behind a building.

Of course he just had to get caught outside at night during the annual purge. 12 hours of fully legal crime, no thank you. Now what he was doing outside in the first place was a story in itself, of course he picked tonight to have a brutal fight with his boyfriend, well now x boyfriend, Alby.

He didn't even remember how the fight started but it ended up with Alby pulling a gun out of his pants and Newt climbing out the window and down the fire escape in fear of his life. The purge got to people, made them do things they would later regret. Alby would never shoot him but with the rules of the night and that messy break up escaping was the only thing Newt could think to do.

He crouched next to a dumpster after hearing a wicked laugh from the street. He squeezed his fists in fear as screams filled the air. This was one messed up night.

When the sounds died out Newt got up and started running again. He wasn't even to sure where he was going, his house was an hour away on foot and Minho was at his girlfriend's in the next city over. Basically he was screwed.

He crossed the street safely and ducked behind another building. His heart was pounding and his limp leg was throbbing, he just had to survive 10 more hours.

He ran 4 more blocks toward the edge of town when everything went to hell.

He rounded a corner and smashed into someone. His heart picked up speed as he shivered in fear. The people he ran into had masks on, loaded with guns and machetes. Newt was beyond petrified.

"What are you doing out? You don't look poor?" the guy in the front whispered in a voice that sent chills down Newt's spine.

"I had an uh, fight, with my boy...uh, significant other," Newt shuddered as he watched one of the guys in the group clean his nails with a huge blade.

"Just take him and let's go, we don't have all night!" the guy in the back snapped. Newt's knees were shaking and sweat was dripping down his forehead.

"He wont be any fun to kill, he's to skinny!" someone in the group cackled which made Newt almost gag. He was almost certain this was the end.

"H-hey look, I-I'm just t-trying to p-purge like you," Newt's voice shook as he tried to take a step back.

"I think he'd look hot on the front of my car," a girl stepped up and ran her blade gently against Newt's jawline.

Newt was shaking as the girl started to pull up his shirt, he was certain this was it for him.

"Can we just make a choice before someo..." the guy was cut off as blood spurred from his middle and he collapsed to the ground. The whole group turned around, pausing for a moment, the girl letting go of Newt.

Newt took the chance and bolted down the street, he was almost out of sight of the crazies, who were in a full blown battle with someone, when he was grabbed around the waist.

Newt screamed as he thrashed around as tried to break out of the attackers grasp.

"Newt! Stop!"

Newt froze and slowly craned his head to see his attacker, "Tommy? Bloody hell why are you grabbing me like that on Purge night? And what the hell are you doing here?!"

"I came back last month Newt but I heard you were with Alby so I didn't come around."

"Cleanse! Purge!" someone screamed close to the two boys.