My Last Words (Part 2)

You guys asked so I shall deliver. Without further ado here's part 2!

Thomas slept by the maze walls that night. No one even bothered to try and reason with him. The gladers occasionally passed by him huddled on the ground and frowned. They were starting to question Alby's decision. Of course by the rules it was the right one but Newt was a person everyone loved and his absence made everyone feel like the whole glade was empty.

"Thomas," Minho approached Thomas finally in the middle of the night. No one had seen him since the banishment and he was also the first one to approach Thomas.

"Min?" Thomas whimpered as he stretched and sat up.

"I think we should look for Newt tomorrow," he whispered as he sat next to Thomas on the ground.

"I was planning on it," Thomas admitted as he played with his hands.

"I mean I want to help you. There isn't a way out, there never will be so let's just shuck that and find our friend okay?" Minho suggested as he glanced around for signs of Alby.

Thomas nodded then rubbed his sleepy eyes. He hadn't slept a wink since Newt was gone. His chest was aching with a lost feeling.

"Will you stay here?" Thomas asked shyly, "I can't sleep knowing he's....out there."

"I can't sleep either," Minho said softly then slid to lay down next to Thomas, "Newt's tough, he'll survive it alright?"

Thomas just whimpered and curled himself back into a tight ball. The morning felt so far away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they woke up Thomas was jumping around and ready to go. He even refused to eat. No one could get him to leave the maze doors.

As soon as the doors cracked open Thomas was off with Minho at his tail.

"Where do you think he would be?" Thomas asked as he slowed down slightly to run next to Minho.

"Dunno, not farther then about 20 turns. Once we get a little farther out start yelling."

They sprinted till they were out of earshot from the glade.

"NEWT!" Thomas and Minho started yelling at the same time.

After about an hour of finding nothing they skidded to halt when they heard a noise.

"Tommy."

Thomas took off around the corner and there was Newt. Sitting against the maze wall, sweaty and cut up but okay and alive.

Thomas was on him before the blonde boy had anytime to react.

He squeezed him in a bone breaking hug and started kissing all over his face.

"Newt, you're okay. Sucking hell you're okay," Thomas said in between kisses.

Newt was grinning from ear to ear, "I thought I'd never see you again."

"Did anything hurt you? You're scraped up," Thomas gently ran his fingers along Newt's arms.

"I'm fine Tommy. It was weird actually I only saw one of them," Newt said as he pulled Thomas closer and rested his head on his chest.

"You're safe. That's all I care about," Thomas mumbled as he pressed kisses into Newt's hair.

"Not to ruin this moment but..." Minho trailed off as Newt's head shot up at his voice.