Thunderstorms

"Hey Tommy do you think I could like...sleep in here tonight," Newt asked shyly as he played with the strings on his sweatpants.

Thomas rubbed his eyes as he sat up in his bed. Their college dorm was one of the nicer ones, with two bedrooms between the 3 roommates but Minho was out. Minho was always out, he stayed at parties till the AM hours and usually crashed there.

"What's wrong?" Thomas looked at the small blonde boy and saw he was shaking.

"Uh...it's cold in my room," Newt lied.

Thomas patted the bed next to him, motioning for Newt to climb up.

He smiled and quickly climbed up onto the bed.

"What's really wrong?" Thomas asked gently as he grabbed his pillow and hugged it tightly.

"You're gonna laugh at me, and it's bloody embarrassing," Newt flushed as he pulled his hoodie sleeves over his small hands.

"I won't laugh, I promise," Thomas gave him a sleepy smile.

"I'm afraid of thunderstorms," Newt whispered as he diverted his gaze to the floor.

"It's not storming out?" Thomas cocked his head in confusion.

"It's supposed to start in a half hour, I was up all night thinking about ways I could get through it on my own but I can't Tommy, I really really can't," Newt looked up at him with big sad eyes that melted Thomas' heart. 

"Why didn't you ever tell me this before? We've been rooming together for 2 years?"

"Minho always promised to be there and I kinda sorta have a tiny crush on you so it's super embarrassing," Newt's cheeks were burning red but Thomas was grinning.

"Seriously?"

Newt nodded shyly.

"You definitely should have told me that sooner, now I can cuddle you this entire storm," Thomas smiled and took the pillow out of his arms.

"Wait what?"

"You really think with a cute ass little face and personality like yours I wouldn't like you back?" Thomas gently shook his head.

"I thought you were to hot for me," Newt admitted which made Thomas laugh.

"Come here," Thomas opened his arms. Newt happily listened and crawled into Thomas' arms. He rested his head on his chest as Thomas held him around the waist.

"I'll protect you," Thomas kissed his forehead as he took one of his hands in his.

Almost as if on cue a flash of lightning lit up the dorm room and Newt whimpered.

"You're okay," Thomas said as he traced small patterns on Newt's back, "just talk to me."

Newt took a deep breath but before he could let it out thunder shook the sky making Newt grab Thomas tightly and bite his lip.

"Tell me what's so scary about them," Thomas rubbed his back lightly as Newt started to relax.

"The noise, the way you don't know when it's coming," Newt's voice slightly shook.

"Nothing can hurt you in this building, I promise."

Another flash of lightning lit up the sky almost instantly followed by a huge clap of thunder.

Newt wined and his body shook. He started breathing heavily and squeezing his eyes shut. Thomas could feel hot tears on his T-shirt.

"Hey, you're okay, you're fine," Thomas repeated as he kissed Newt's cheek, "you're safe."

"I'm just scared," Newt said softly.

"Maybe you just need a distraction."

Thomas shifted so e was hovering above Newt. Newt gulped but looked up at Thomas with wide eyes.

Thomas softly smiled then leaned down and connected their lips. He kissed him softly and slowly as another lighting flash illuminated the room. Newt grabbed Thomas' arms tightly but kept kissing back.

"I think I'm doing a pretty good job huh?" Thomas laughed as he traced Newt's jaw with the tip of his nose.

Newt nodded in reply then diverted Thomas' lips back to his own.

"Not how I pictured our first kiss but it works," Newt mumbled against his lips.

Thunder sounded again but Thomas just deepened the kiss. Newt barely reacted to the sound.

Thomas slowly pulled away and rested his forehead on Newt's.

"I think I'm better at this than Minho is."

"Way better," Newt laughed then shifted so Thomas could lay back down.

"I'm tired, can we sleep now?" Thomas mumbled against Newt's shoulder.

"Promise to hold me?"

"Of course," Thomas pulled his back tight against his chest and placed a small kiss on the back of his neck, "the storm probably isn't over but I'm here okay?"

Newt hummed in reply and sunk back into the touch.

"Thank you Tommy," he whispered.

"Anything for you," Thomas' voice was laced with sleep and Newt was to busy smiling to even notice the flash of light outside the window.

"You're sleepy voice is adorable," Newt said softly which just made Thomas hold him tighter.

 Soon Thomas was snoring and Newt had never felt safer.

This is super short because my schedule has been packed and I finally got a few hours to myself. It's just pointless fluff but I hope you enjoyed :)