Cop Series Fic. 2

This is in no way shape or form connected to the last fic, just more cops

[Warning: Violent, strong-ish scenes but not to bad]

Todays my birthday so, happy birthday to me :)

Thomas clutched the steering wheel of the cop car as they drove down the street in the middle of the night.

"So do you think if we showed up to Tim Hortans right now they'd give us free donuts?" Dylan asked as Thomas just shook his head and laughed.

Of course being a cop did have it's perks, free food and an extremely hot squad partner who ended up becoming Thomas' new best friend.

"Dylan we are not getting donuts at 11:00 at night," Thomas shook his head as he turned onto a side street.

"There is literally nothing happening right now, no crime to figh...." the crackling of the radio interrupted Dylan's argument.

"Squad 45, there's an armed robbery in your neighborhood, 2 streets over from where you are. He knows the police have been called and he has hostages."

Thomas shot Dylan a look and turned on his sirens, stepping harder on the gas as they sped to the scene.

When they got there they could hear faint screaming and pulled the car to a full stop. They got out as fast as they could, unhooking their guns from the holders on their belts before they went into the house Dylan grabbed Thomas' shoulder.

"Be careful," he said. Thomas nodded and they headed into the house, guns raised.

"NYPD!" Dylan yelled as they split directions, they had no idea what room he was in.

"Put down your guns o-o-or I'll shoot him!" Thomas heard from the other side of the house, Dylan's side. The guy had no clue Thomas was there. He crept quietly towards the guy who had Dylan busy in the room.

"Look, just let the kid go, this is between us now," he heard Dylan calmly say. His voice was so calm even though he was standing in a room with a guy that had a gun.

"Y-you need to leave o-or I-I'll shoot him.....a-and you."

The words sent chills of worry down Thomas' spine, he always worried about Dylan when they went out on calls. The younger boy could definitely handle himself he just didn't want to see him hurt.

"I know you don't want to shoot either of us," Dylan stated.

"Shut up!" The guy yelled and Thomas tensed, he was now in a position where he could shoot the guy if Dylan moved to the side a little bit.

"Hey, I'm sorry," Dylan put his hands up slowly, "let the kid go, just you and I can talk."

There was silence before he heard the man grunt and shove the kid. The kid looked at Dylan, terrified.

"Go outside and find mommy okay?" Dylan said to him as he nodded and ran out of the house.

Thomas leaned slightly so he could get a better view without being seen, he heard the man click the gun and point it at Dylan.

"You," the man hissed, "you're the reason this all went wrong."

"I'm just trying to do my job," Dylan said slowly, Thomas could hear the panic hinting at his voice.

Thomas' grip on his gun tightened and he started to raise it slowly.

"If you wouldn't have shown up," the gun growled as Dylan started to take a careful step back.

"Don't fucking move."

Panic flashed across Dylan's face as he froze to the spot.

At that point Thomas had enough, he raised his gun and stepped out of his cover pointing it straight at the guy.

The guys head turned to look at Thomas and they pulled the triggers at the same time, the man's hitting Dylan in the stomach and Thomas' instantly killing the man.

He dropped his gun and ran over to Dylan.

"Bloody hell," he panicked as he kneeled next to him, "shit, Dylan. Are you okay?"

Dylan groaned softly as his eyelids fluttered.

Thomas grabbed at his radio and desperately pressed the button, "I-I need an a-ambulance. D-Dylan's down. The target h-has been c-compromised."

"We're sending in paramedics," the radio crackled back.

Thomas coud feel tears pricking at his eyes as he ran his fingers gently across Dylan's forehead, "you're going to be okay Dyl, I-I wont let anything happen to you."

Dylan weakly reached out his hand and placed it on top of Thomas', "mm I lo...." he trailed off as his eyes rolled back and he passed out.

The paramedics were in soon after that, ushering Thomas away as they loaded Dylan onto the stretcher. Thomas followed after then like a lost puppy, only hearing bits and pieces of what was going on. The gunman was so close to Dylan, the bullet pierced his bulletproof vest.

Thomas rode in the ambulance and held Dylan's hand the whole way.

_____________

The good news was Dylan's wounds weren't life threatning. The bullet didn't pierce any vital organs or go in too deep.

The bad news was Dylan was going to be unconscious for awhile so that meant Thomas had to wait nervously by his bedside for an uncertain amount of time. His knee bounced nervously as he held a box of Dylan's favorite donuts in his hand.

Thomas was starting to doze off until he heard a noise that made his head snap back up.

"Thomas, that you?" Dylan groaned as his eyes fluttered open.

Thomas flew out of his seat and was at Dylan's side in a flash.

"Bloody hell Dylan, you scared the shit out of me!" Thomas yelled as he grabbed Dylan's hand tightly.

"Sorry," Dylan laughed and tried to sit up but winced due to his wound.

"He could have killed you!" Thomas hissed as he helped the younger boy sit.

"But he didn't," Dylan pointed out which made Thomas roll his eyes.

Dylan grinned, "stop rolling you eyes, you can't stay mad at me and you know it."

Thomas shot him a look but ended up breaking into a smile, "sometimes I really hate you O'Brien."

"We all know that's not true," Dylan smirked as Thomas shook his head. He then remembered something and paused.

"Before you passed out you were going to tell me something, what was it?"

Dylan flushed and looked down, "I-I don't remember."

"Dylan," Thomas frowned, "you can tell me anything you know."

Dylan looked up at him shyly, "I was going to tell you that I loved you."

Thomas' eyes widened in shock and his mouth fell slightly open, "y-you love me?"

"You don't have to say it back I just....I thought I was going to die Thomas and I wanted you to kn...." Dylan was cut off when Thomas gently pressed his lips against his partner's. He kissed him softly, careful not to hurt him anymore then he already was.

When he pulled away Dylan was a grinning mess, "I'm so glad I didn't die cause that was so worth getting shot for."

"I'll kiss you when you're healthy you bloody idiot," Thomas blushed which just made Dylan laugh.

"Hey, I'm you're bloody idiot."

"But let's not get shot anymore okay?" Thomas raised an eyebrow at Dylan who just flushed.

"I'll try."

"Good," Thomas pulled a chair next to Dylan's hospital bed and leaned up close to his face, "now where were we?"