My Last Words

Sorry I'm in such a sad mood so don't read this if you're not ready to cry

"Banished?! For what!" Thomas screamed as Minho grabbed his arm, trying to calm him down.

"Thomas calm down," Alby said as he crossed his arms and stood in front of the door.

"You did not just say that to me right now!" Thomas' face was hot red as he clenched his fists, "I outa punch you're shucking face!"

"Would you just listen!" Alby yelled which instantly shut Thomas down, "we had to Thomas, Newt hurt someone."

Thomas' eyes skirted between the two boys in front of him, they weren't kidding. Newt, his Newt was going to be thrown into the maze with grievers he didn't stand a chance against.

Suddenly Thomas' lip quivered and he pushed past Minho.

"Thomas," Minho started but he just shook his head and ran past the buff boy. The only person he wanted right now was Newt.

He ran to the pit, as fast as he could. The tears were rushing down his cheeks now. He finally got there and skidded to a stop in front of Newt's cell.

"Tommy?" Newt stood up quickly and asked surprised.

"Newt, tell me it isn't true, please," Thomas looked at him with big helpless eyes which made Newt's heart break.

Newt frowned which made Thomas let out a sob and crumbled against the bars.

"Tommy come on, I can handle my own out there, I'll be fine," Newt gave him a fake smile and reached out to rub his friend's cheeks.

"You don't get it, I need you Newt, I really need you," Thomas whimpered as he held Newt's hand through the bars, "I'm gonna go do something stupid so I can get locked in here with you tonight."

"Tommy, I need you to promise me you'll take care of yourself from now on okay?"

Thomas had a death grip on Newt's hand, "no, no I can't let this happen Newt."

"It's my fault, I got myself into this," Newt admitted as he reached his other hand through the bars to ruffle Thomas' hair.

"Why'd you do it?" Thomas sniffled.

"He was sayin stuff, dirty stuff about....uh about you Tommy. I didn't like it so I punched him."

Confusion took over Thomas' face, "what do you mean?"

"Forget it Tommy it doesn't matter anymore, go see if Alby will let you stay in here with me till Sundown tomorrow. It's to late to do the banishment tonight but it'd be nice to have you here."

Thomas nodded quickly, "I'll be back."

He hesitantly let go of Newt's hand and disappeared to find Alby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please Alby," Thomas begged as he wiped his tear stained face, trying to look less desperate.

"Thomas, you know I can't let you do that," Alby huffed as he ran a hand along his buzzed hair.

"I'll uh...I'll do something stupid! Please Alby, the guy I'm head over heels in love with is being killed tomorrow."

Suddenly Thomas was shoved up against the wall with Alby's arm tight on his chest, "do you think this is easy for me? Huh? That kid in there that's my best friend! I don't want to do this and some petty little crush of yours won't make a difference. Order Thomas, order."

Thomas' face fell as tears involuntarily built up in his eyes again.

Alby's expression softened for a moment as his grip loosened, "don't let anyone see you go in there okay?"