You Lost Someone Too?

**SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING **

I wish it never had to end that way, Newt thought as he pulled his knees up closer to his chest and ran a hand across the smooth surface of his friend's tombstone that he was currently sitting next to.

"I miss you Alby," the blonde boy whispered to his friend's grave as tears pooled up in his eyes.

Alby had died a few months ago in a car accident. The news said it was a drunk driver but Newt knew the truth. Newt knew that Alby jumped in front of that car because Alby hated the world. Newt wiped his eyes as the image of his best friend's mangled body laying in the hospital bed crossed his mind. It haunted his dreams, quickly turning each one into a nightmare.

"You left me all alone, you had me Alby, you we're my best friend," Newt sobbed into his knee caps.

He visited the cemetery at least twice a week, usually 5 or 6 times but they always almost went down the same way. Newt cried every single time, everyone told him it would get easier but it really never did, not when his best friend in the world wasn't there for him anymore. Not when he didn't have anyone else to distract him from the pain.

Newt sniffled loudly and lifted his head up slowly.

He almost had a heart attack when he saw a boy standing in front of him.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you," the boy sadly smiled at Newt.

"It's fine," Newt rubbed his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

The brunette sat next to him without saying a word.

"I'm Thomas," he stuck out his hand for Newt to shake, which he politely did.

"Newt."

Thomas nodded and slowly ran hand across the tombstone next to Alby's.

"Someone you know?" Newt asked, his voice scratchy from crying.

"Yeah, his name was Chuck, I was spossed to look after him," Thomas's voice cracked and he covered his mouth with his hand.

"Alby was my best friend," Newt said motioning to where his friend was buried,"he uh, killed himself a few months back, jumped in front of a moving car. It's not getting any easier."

"Tell me about it," Thomas scoffed, eyes slowly turning red as tears escaped down his cheeks. he took a deep breath and faced Newt, "Chuck was like a little brother to me. His parents we're never around, like ever, so everyday after school he'd walk to my place and I'd let him hang out and play video games. About two months ago when he was coming over, I'd always wait on my porch so I could see him walk down my street, he was about 10 houses down from me a car was slowly driving by. There was a person walking about a foot behind Chuck and the person in the car stuck a gun out of the window and shot..they hit him. They we're aiming for the person behind Chuck but they missed," Thomas let out a loud sob, "When I got to him he was almost gone. The last thing he said was,'Thomas, please tell my parents I've always loved them.' There was nothing I could do, he was dead. He was only 12!"

Newt's heart broke at the story, this kid had been through a lot.

"Tommy, I'm so sorry," Newt reached out a hand and placed it on Thomas's leg.