Chapter 36

Man is least himself when he talks in
his own person. Give him a mask, and he
will tell you the truth.

Dena POV
A couple days later ...

Leya and I are only here for a couple more days. I've been spending a lot of time with Slim. He's a real cool dude, well in his words, bool. I've grown to really like him. He's taking me out to dinner tonight. My happy ass is really looking forward to this. It's been awhile since a guy took me out to dinner, rather than just having sex at some random hotel around the way.

I guess it's different with Slim and I because we already had sex, but who knows.

It's taken me about three hours to look this fabulous. Did it take you as long? I hope you'll appreciate all this effort. I thought to myself as looked myself over in the mirror.

"Oh look at you girl where you going looking hot like that?" Leya asked.

I was dressed in a burgundy bodycon midi dress. When Slim asked me to go out this morning, I got up and went shopping.

"And she's wearing best friend's favorite color too" Kai cooed.

"Oh this? Naw I saw it in the store and fell in love with it" I smiled.

"You think you slick" Kai side eyed me.

I flagged her off.

"I don't know why I can't get things like this" Kai pouted.

"Bitch. The nigga took you to Hawaii"

"Where he fucked my best friend" Kai said.

"He took you to the Dominica" Leya said.

"And the whole flight back we didn't speak" Kai said.

"Shit. You ever think you and G just ain't meant to be together" I shrugged.

"But you and Slim are" She shot back.

Leya just sat there with the let me just sip this tea look.

"Where did the sun go?" Leya mumbled.

Just when I was about to open my mouth, my phone rang. Save by the bell, because I was about to put her ass on blast. I answered it to a Slim telling me he was down stairs. I grabbed my things making my way to the door.

"I'm outty" I said then closed the door.

Kai POV

"Who the fuck Dena thinks she is?"

"Dena" Leya shrugged.

"Coming for me and G's relationship like that, when in reality she was a sloppy drunk fuck to a nigga"

"You know how Dena is" Leya defended.

"Hell yeah but still didn't give her ass the right to come for us like that, just out of the blue. The nigga she dressing up for is the right hand to the foul shit I went through a couple weeks ago"

"Dena does seem like she likes him" Leya said.

"Ain't none wrong with Slim, he's a cool dude, I just hope he isn't as fucked up as G is. I don't want to kill his ass" I chuckled lowly.

"She's a big girl"

"That does things she don't over think" I said.

"Who does?" Leya asked.

I sighed "I just hope she doesn't rush it"

"Like you and G" Leya smiled.

I nodded.