Chapter 22

I'm about to be at
everybody's cookout like...

COUSIN!!!

*Kai POV*

"Awwhhhh" I yawned while stretching my arms and legs.

"Ohh Shit" I heard along with a tut.

"My bad" I said while looking down at Kee. I guess I kicked him off the couch.

"So u did NOT see me laying there?" He asked while getting up.

"Maybe, maybe not" I shrugged.

"Eye get yo ass up. Drooling all on my dam good ass furniture" G yelled while mushing Slim's head. Slim just mumbled something and turned to the other side of the couch.

I got up, sliding down the hall to the bedroom. I had on G's long white socks, some shorts and sweatshirt on. I was doing my Risky Business scene.

"Ok Joel, take care you hurt yourself" G laughed.

I flipped him off while turning to slide in the room. I had no brakes and I slide right into the door.

"Oh shit blood u good?" He asked while holding his stomach laughing. I got up, dust myself off and went bout my business like nothing ain't happen. But deep down I wanted to cry, that shit hurt.

After my little accident,I got ready for work. Work was work. Becca and I thought we would go out for a little happy hour. Drinks at this local bar a couple minutes away from the airport. We got to the bar and ordered our drinks along with some hot wings and fries.

"U know what's funny, we work together, you know about me but I barely know about you" I said to Becca.

"Well" She sipped on her drink "I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica."

I cut her off "Jamaica in the houussseee" we both laughed.

"I'm also 25, ummm well I've never really spoken about how I came to America." She said while laying with her straw.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about it" I rubbed her shoulder.

"I'm find umm... I'm 1 of 6 kids well It's 12 all together, my mother had 6 of my fathers kids. He also has 5 other baby mamas. My mother was the first to have his kids. We all lived as one happy family but it's really hard to live in a house with so many bothers and sisters. We all grew up together we all had that bond, all the kids even the mothers. When I was around the age of 12, times gotten really hard, like hard times started to kick in even more as we all got older. One of my sisters who name is Becky, we were really close, like u could swear we were twins, we looked alike even talked together. It was always Becca and Becky, I was older than her by a few months" She giggled "I had met this guy, he was like 15 or a little older. He was into drugs and human trafficking, but I didn't know that. Jamaica was really going through hard times, food, money all that and we lived in the not so rich part of Kingston. Downtown was hell. Long story short, I left with him still unaware of what he does. I ran away from home, I always kept in touch with Becky while I did. I left Jamaica on a boat which went to Haiti. I wrote to Becky every time I made it somewhere. I always told her to not tell anyone until I reached where I was going. I made sure that she don't write me back until I gave her the ok. I spent close to, a year and a half in Haiti. I cried almost every night for the first 6 months. Haiti was much worst than Jamaica. Eventually I guessed they had enough money to leave Haiti and we made it to Cuba. We never stayed more than a week in one spot in Cuba until we made it to the underside of the island, which took us close to two years. When I saw we were in Cuba longer than Haiti, I gave up and said this was it. I'm going to die here. I left good living of sharing a bed with 5 others to sleeping on hard cold floors and listening to people talk and  not know what they were saying." She drank some of her drink.