A Balanced Birthday Bash (A)

It was Libra's birthday and Libra the balanced sort of person he was invited all his friends.

Gemini, Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn volunteered to help Libra plan the party because he couldn't just make up his mind on anything.

Taurus was incharge of the food and drinks while Gemini took care of games and entertainment. Virgo ran between Gemini, Taurus and Libra helping each.

And Capricorn did all the rest, which was mostly boring paperwork. She also made sure nothing exceeded the budget. All bookings, purchases of drinks and ingredients was her responsibly.

Libra had thought delegating others to do jobs would help but half the time time he was calming down the fighting planners and at other times he was getting forced to make a decision too quickly.

"You must decide the flavour of the cake I am to bake, Libra," came Taurus, "you should have already told me by now."

"I can't decide between Vanilla and Chocolate," said Libra.

"I will bake a vanilla chocolate cake then. That settles it."

"Oh can you do that Taurus. Then perhaps you could add a third flavour too? I really like pineapple... "

"Well why didn't you say so Libra," said Taurus, "I can make a pineapple cake. Chuck vanilla and chocolate."

"But not everyone likes Pineapple. Chocolate is well liked by the majority and vanilla is for thoes who don't like chocolate."

Taurus sighed. She would make pineapple pastries for Libra, she thought.
"I will make the chocolate vanilla cake," said Taurus and that's final, "No more second thoughts."

"I was wondering," began Libra, "what about the appetizers?"

"I will discuss it with Capricorn."

Just then they heard some shouting.

"I don't see why we can't have strippers."

"Because it's too expensive. Strippers won't fit in the budget," the sound seem to moving towards them.

"They are well within the budget," said the other voice which they identified to be Gemini's.

"Yes, but if we have strippers we won't be able to afford the food."

"Oh you exaggerate! I am sure a few cut downs on expensive won't be that bad. We can still have cake and pizza, that's all we need moreover with the strippers no body would care for food."

Upon hearing this Taurus lept into the foray.

"There are girls in the party too," she said, pouting.

"I guess then we will get a male stripper as well," said Gemini, "and reduce the menu to just cake, I mean who needs pizza."

"That's impractical Gemini," said Capricorn.

"Not to mention people would be expecting food," added Taurus.

Libra listened to the conversation silently so far. Weighing the pros and cons.

"Guys I actually like the idea of have strippers," Libra finally admitted, "may be we could get some really cheap once or amateurs that charge less?"

"And that may save our dinner," said Taurus.

"I am sure Capricorn can source somebody like that," said Gemini brightly, "I will now prepare for games and jokes."

...

The night of the birthday bash, Libra dressed with care. Taurus meanwhile was in pantry taking care of the food.

Gemini was outfitted in the clown magician dress he ordered online while Virgo dressed as his assistant, the harlequin.