A Wedding

A/n: This is neither A or B but a stand-alone. So here are the genders.
Females: Leo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Gemini, Virgo & Pisces.
Males: Scorpio, Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Aquarius & Libra.

A Wedding

It was the second last day of march and the office was rife with gossip. Leo, their young and peppy team leader was quitting her job. Her farewell was the day after.

"But that's not all," Pisces, the intern, told her best friends dramatically.

"Leo is seeing Scorpio," said Virgo, the receptionist, anticlimactically, "Word is they are pretty serious."

"I am not surprised," said Gemini, who was the newest member of the office, "I saw them together during new year's eve, they had come to drop me off."

"Wasn't it the night you got pretty tipsy." Virgo and Pisces giggled. They both new Gemini loved to party.

Gemini rolled her eyes.

"But we thought you would know already," said Pisces, "You hangout with Leo often enough."

"That's true, but I'm not part of their inner circle," Gemini truthfully answered back. Leo had her own gaggle of friends, Capricorn and Sagittarius. Capricorn was her junior while Sagittarius shared an apartment with her." 

Virgo and Pisces nodded but their manner seemed to have become a lot warmer towards Gemini. 

"Let's go grab an  ice-cream," said Pisces, "Virgos treat."

Gemini grinned and Virgo groaned, "why is it always my treat!"

"I was thinking", said Gemini, "We'll have another party to look forward to." 

"Yeah, Leo's farewell is tomorrow," said Virgo.

"And they'll invite us to their wedding."

***

Capricorn was excited, her boss was leaving and all her projects would go to Capricorn. She craved more responsibility and authority. She was also helping Leo plan the wedding. Already she had suggested the make up artist, shortlisted the names for photographers, finalised the cake decorators, she mentally ticked each item off her list with a pat on her back. It was a job well done.

Sagittarius was excited about the wedding too. She was going to wear this lovely dress and she had convinced Leo that she should go for a destination wedding. Now she was looking forward to the adventure.

Leo was excited, nervous, happy, scared and so full of emotions that she was sure she was going to burst. She was after all the bride. She had shopped till she dropped and then she had picked herself up for dance rehearsals with Scorpio. She loved spending alone time with Scorpio who was so romantic then. She wanted to announce to the world about her marriage and how much Scorpio loved her but Scorpio convinced her to keep it a secret. He wanted it to be a surprise.

Yet Leo couldn't keep the secret to herself so:   got to know as well. Eventually ofcourse the entire office was gossiping.

The only one who did not know was Taurus. He was rather busy these days and so lost to the world. Work had piled up but he wasn't stressed, he worked on it methodologically. It did play havoc on his social life though. A man of simple pleasures Taurus did not care for that. 

*** 

As the day of wedding came nearer and nearer Gemini became a little agitated. She had not received an invitation. She knew Sagittarius, Capricorn, Cancer, Aries and Aquarius were invited. She understood why Pisces was probably not invited because she was an intern after all. Virgo too sat mostly in the front desk and so she too wasn't remembered. 

But why wasn't Gemini invited. Now Gemini did care for popularity and loved to have a good time but she really wished to go mainly because of Aries. She was hoping to spend some time with Aries alone, outside of office.  But she wasn't invited. Oh how she hated them all! Leo for not inviting her and Scorpio for ignoring her and then Capricorn too who politely told her that this was exclusively for close friends and family when she asked her what she was wearing.

Close friends and family, why I didn't know Aquarius was so close to Scorpio or Leo, thought Gemini bitterly. She spoke to nobody her bubbly charm was gone. Libra was not invited either but he had some other plans. Pisces too had a family outing planned

Looks like it's just going to be me in the office thought Gemini morosely. And poor Taurus. 

"I thought you would be with Leo," said Taurus.

"Yes well, I didn't have the strength to travel," lied Gemini, "I am slightly unwell."

 She did feel unwell.

Then all of a sudden she saw Aries.

"I have a funeral to attend later this evening," Aries gave his explanation.

 The morbid statement seemed to cheer Gemini though she tried to feel sad to dead and his dear ones. But one day we all have to die.

It wasn't exactly wish fulfilment as Gemini, Taurus and Aries sat down for lunch but Gemini continued to smile softly. She was in a better mood, than she had been all week.