Chapter 5

FAITH POV: Ok here it goes. "Hello Faith, Tim.. Oh Hi Maggie" "Hi" "wow she's getting so big" "yeah I'm four now" the doctor laughed "Ok Doctor so do you have my test results?" "yes I do" Tim held my hand.  "ok Faith I'm sorry, but.." "NO Doctor please.." "Honey hold on ok,lets let him finish. so what exactly is wrong with the baby?" "it's not so much the baby, yes the baby isn't growing like it should as in the last ultrasound and I'm going to do another one here shortly. Anyway but there's something we noticed inside you by the baby" "yeah I remember you saying something at the last appointment, do you know what it is?" "Yes we think so.there's a small mass that resmebles a tumor" "Is it cancer?" "well that's what we don't know. We would need to do surgery to get it out and do a biopsy to determine that" "ok so when can that be done?" "That's the problem since Faith is pregnant it puts the baby more in harms way" "Ok so we wait till the baby is born?" "that's if it can make it that far depending on the size and how fast this thing is growing. now I'm going to do another 4d Ultrasound here and show you and we can check if it's grown or whats going on" "ok" "Maggie how would like to go with nurse Jennifer and she can let you color" She looked over at me and than Tim "Its ok sweetie go ahead" Tim said "OK" she said and went with the nurse. The doctor put the gell on my stomach. That stuff is always cold. "Ok lets see what's going on here. Ok so there's your baby, still hasn't really gotten any bigger but this is what concerns me more" He than paused the screen and zoomed in on it. There was a mass right by the baby. "is it on the baby?" "no it looks like it but no. It looks to have not gotten much bigger but we still don't know the exact nature of the tumor" "Like if its cancer or not" "exactly, I would like to get a biopsy as soon as possible" "Ok than do it" Tim said "Tim hold on.. Doctor is there anyway a biopsy can be done without putting any risk to the baby?" "there's always a risk with any procedure or surgery especially when pregnant" "than I want to wait" "Faith.. ""NO Tim. I can't put our baby's life at risk" "What about your life?" "I don't care about me" "Faith please..." "Listen Faith, Tim, how about this, lets just monitor for now. There's a chance that this isn't cancer. That was why I did the bloodwork to see if it was but the bloodwork was inconclusive. In other words it can go either way ok?" "ok" "ok well I want to see you in two weeks to check again ok" "Ok thank you doctor, can I ask you one more question" "sure" "now if this tumor continues to grow, what happens to the baby" "well you can miscarry or go into premature labor. The baby can be born months early and have alot of complications and maybe suffer birth defects or even not make it depending on how early it comes" "oh wow" "let's not worry about that now ok? not till we know for sure. I'm hoping when you come back in 2 weeks we will get a better picture and hopefully have more information than" "Thank you doctor" "ok I will give you a couple of minutes before the nurse brings Maggie back in" "Thank you doctor" he than left the room.  "Tim don't even say anything, because you know I will NOT terminate this pregnancy or have that surgery if it's going to risk the life of this baby" "Faith...." Just than the nurse brought Maggie back in. "Look Mommy I drew you a picture" "Oh wow thats so pretty Maggie thank you"