Chapter 48

FAITH POV: Today is my first day of radiation. I'm so nervous. I still don't understand why I have to go through this if the the tumor was benign. But just to make sure the dr recommended this just in case. He doesn't want anymore tumors to appear and this will make sure of it. Than after several weeks of this a few times a week, I will be done. Than I will have to get bloodwork done and tests just to make sure. It's been a week since my surgery. I got my stitches out yesterday. So now I can do more. But the doctor did warn me that the radiation may make me a little more tired. Tim insisted on going with me and I really want him with me. I don't know what I would do without him. Maggie has preschool today and Gracie is in school. So I made sure to make my appointments for this when both girls are in school in the mornings. Tim's mom is watching Audrey for us. "ok Betty she just ate, so she should be good and she's been up for awhile so she may be ready for a nap soon" "Ok no problem, she will be fine" "I know, thank you again for watching her" "oh honey anytime, it's my pleasure" "ready baby" "yeah coming" "ok if you need anything call me mom" "ok, we will be fine" "ok" We than got in the car and drove down to the hospital. I'm getting my radiation done at the cancer center in the hospital. They tell me the treatments each time won't take too long which I'm glad. We got there and I signed in and had to fill out a bunch of paperwork. After I was done I gave it to the receptionist at the front desk and sat back down by Tim. He held my hand. "its going to be ok" I smiled "yeah I just wish I didn't have to do this" "I know but you will do great" I was than called back I got up to go back "Can my husband come with me?" I asked the nurse "sure" "Tim.." I motioned for him to come with me. We than walked back to the room for the radiation. I was there for about 1/2 hr and than I was done. It wasn't so bad. After we went back home. I went upstairs to lay down. For some reason I just felt so tired.

TIM POV: "so how did it go?" my mom asked "good, she's just tired, which we were told can happen" "yeah well she's strong" "yeah she is. How was Audrey?" "good, she's sleeping" "oh ok good, so how long has she been asleep?" "For almost an hour" "oh wow ok, so she will most likely wake up within an hour" "do you need anything else?" "No thank you mom, we are fine, you can go home" "ok son, well if you all need anything.." "I know thank you so much again for helping us. I love you" I said and hugged her "I love you two son" My mom than left to go home. I feel bad for having her helping us so much and she's been great about it. I feel like we need to do something for her and I have just the thing.