Chapter 18

TIM POV: "Dr Peterson, how did the surgery go? Is Faith ok? the baby?"  "The surgery went fine. We managed to get most of the tumor removed" "so it was definitely a tumor?" "yes" "ok so wait.. you said most of?" "yes we ran into some complications" "What? what complications?" "Tim, it's not uncommon to have complications with any surgery or procedure ok. Now we couldn't get all of the tumor removed without jeopardizing the life of the baby" "I don't understand" "Ok the tumor was bigger than I thought. It grew a bit over night "oh wow" "Anyway we got most of it.  I think we should be ok till the baby is born"  "ok so how is Faith?" "She's still not awake yet. she's in recovery. I'm just a little worried because she hasn't waken up yet. If she doesn't wake up soon.. I'm afraid she may slip into a coma" I couldn't believe this.  The surgery wasn't supposed to be like this. Why is this happening. I just broke down and cried. Ok I got to be strong for Faith, she will be fine. She will wake up. She has too. After about a 1/2 hour she was finally brought back to the room. But still not awake yet.  "how is she?" "She is stable. Her vitals are good as well as the baby's" "ok so she should wake up soon than right?" "We just don't know, I'm sorry" The nurse than left after getting Faith all settled in the room. I pulled up a chair and grabbed her hand and held it. "Faith baby, please wake up. the surgery went well. You and our baby are going to be fine. but I need you to wake up, please" Nothing, I just broke down crying. Than the door opened. It was my mom with the girls "Daddy, why you crying?" Gracie asked "I'm ok honey, so how was school?" "it was great. I made mommy a picture" "yeah let me see" She handed me the picture "oh Gracie this is so pretty, mommy is going to love it" "daddy?" "yes baby" "is mommy ok?" "yes she's fine,just sleeping" "Ok" "Girls why don't you sit over there on the couch and I will put on some cartoon on the TV" "Ok meemaw" "so how did everything go?" "Good" "and Maggie?" "I spoke with the teacher and she said she was ok. She didn't really talk to much. But she stopped crying after a few minutes" "ok, it's hard for them understand. Its hard for me to understand" "Tim it will ok" "yeah I hope so" "so how did Faith's surgery go?" "Went well, they couldn't get the whole tumor out" "why?" "because of where it was positioned by the baby. The doctor didn't want to risk the baby's life" "so the baby is ok?" "yes the baby is fine" "how long has she been out of surgery?" "for a little over an hour now" "Has she woken up yet?" I shook my head no. And that's when the tears came back. My pulled me aside where the girls couldn't see. "Tim, she's strong" "yeah I know it's just, she should've woken up by now. if she doesn't soon, the doctors are afraid she may slip into a coma" "oh Tim she will wake up, you have to believe that" "yeah I'm trying" "look how about I take the girls to get something to eat" "Ok that would be great thanks mom" "Tim have you eaten anything?" "No, but I'm fine" "Tim you need to eat. You need your strength for Faith and those girls. I will bring you something" "Ok thank you mom" "ok girls come with meemaw, we are going to get something to eat" "I want to stay with mommy and daddy" Maggie said "Maggie honey it's ok, you two girls go with meemaw. And afterwards you both can come back ok" "Ok daddy" And then they all left. I pulled the chair back besides Faith bed and sat down and held her hand. I pray she wakes up soon. she has to.