Chapter 9

FAITH POV: I was in the hospital for 2 days and released. I have to say I feel so much better. I've been home for a few days now. I've been able to eat. I'm still getting a little sick but I think now it's more of a morning sickness. I have a doctors appointment this morning. Tim just left to take Gracie to school and Maggie to preschool. I"m glad my appointment is a day Maggie goes to preschool. It's hard for her to be sitting in a doctors office. Once Tim gets back home which should be any minute now, we'll head to the doctors. I heard a car. That must be Tim.. I got up as he was walking in. "hey you ready?" "yeah let ne grab my purse" I grabbed my purse and we were out the door. We got to the doctors office. I was taken back shortly after arriving. The nurse did all my vitals and my weight has gone up a little, I don't think as much as it should have, but it's a start. "ok the doctor will be in shortly" The nurse said "ok thank you" I can see Tim is a little nervous. "Tim..." "yeah" "can you stop doing that" "what" "your playing with your hands, like your nervous and its making me nervous""sorry but I am" "ok well it's not helping" "sorry" Shortly after the doctor came in "hello Faith, Tim" "Hello doctor" he was looking over my chart. "Ok vitals look good, you gained a little weight, so thats good. Ok I'm going to do another ultrasound to see whats going on" "Ok" "Ok lets see here..hmmm." "is something wrong?" "well.. the baby still hasn't grown very much like it should. The tumor looks like it got a little bigger as well and that worries me" "so what happens now?" "well I've been looking into your case to see if there's anything we can do where it won't necessarily harm the baby, and I might of found something" "And what is that?" "well there's a new trial medication we can try which had some success in shrinking the tumors but there's always a risk" "What kind of risks?" "Well we still don't know how the baby will react to the medication. There's a chance that it could lead to miscarriage and or birth defects. But it's been used on only a couple of other woman who were pregnant just like you and it worked fine. The baby was born happy and healthy and once the baby was born we were able to go in and remove the tumor" "so are you saying this could work?" "Yes.." "so let's do it" Tim said "Tim wait..Doctor Peterson you said there are still risks though correct?" "Yes just like with any other medication or anything there's always a risk" "I can't take that risk" "Faith..." "Tim I'm sorry, I just can't" "look Faith I understand. Why don't we just continue to monitor this. Which means I want to see you once a week from now till you give birth" "ok I can do that" "also you need to also try to stay stress free. We can't have your blood pressure getting high where it can affect the baby as well. Oh would you two like to know the sex of the baby?" "I.. I don't think.." "Tim..I would" "ok fine whatever" Tim got up and just started to walk around with his hand behind his neck. I don't understand what is wrong with him. This is his baby two. "Doctor can you give us a mintue please?" "Yeah sure. I will go get some more prenatal vitamins for you as well as some literature about this medication and also the procedure or surgery to remove the tumor. Maybe if you both take some time to read all the material and make a decision" "That would be great Doctor thank you" Tim said "No problem I will be back shortly" The doctor than left the room.