Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 5▲

Angelic

When I got back home, the living room was clean. I was surprised someone cleaned it up. I put my bag in my room and went into the kitchen.

Calvin was sitting on the chair with his elbows on the counter. I didn't bother saying anything to him as I got a bottle of water out of the fridge.

As I was about to walk out, he stopped me, "Aye Ang, can I ask you a question?"

"What?" I answered coldly.

"Damn, without the attitude. Why were there broken dishes on the floor?"

"Mom spazzed out on some dude she had over here," I walked out and went to my room, ending the conversation.

I didn't want to talk to him or our mother. Shit was pointless . Trying to tell two grown people right from wrong was a waste of time. They did what they wanted to do and will deal with the consequences.

I reached under my bed and rolled a blunt. I lit it and took a hit, blowing it from my mouth, facing my head up ar the ceiling.

I was calm instantly as I relaxed my muscles. There was a knock on my door, "Ang, open up. I know you smoking, it's loud," of course it was Calvin.

I continued smoking, not answering him. I was still sitting on the bed when he opened the door, "So you not gonna share?"

"The fuck I need to share for?? Ain't you selling weed and dope, why can't you smoke from that?" I glared at him.

He sighed, "I knew you were gonna be petty."

"Damn right, now get the fuck out my room."

"Nah, I know you mad at me, but you'll be happy once I tell you how much I made," he got closer.

"I don't care."

"You gonna care," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a thick wad of money.

"$500. That was less than two hours."

"Congratulations, what you want? A cookie? A party?" I asked sarcastically.

"What I want is for you to treat me with some respect."

I glanced at him like he had three heads, "Treat you with respect?? You a grown man as you said and you begging for respect?? So you Aretha Franklin now?"

I folded my arms across my chest, looking at him.

"You treat me like I'm a damn baby, let me help out around here because I know you need the extra money, we both need it ."

"The way you're making it isn't right."

He sighed.

"You know what? Since you a grown man, pay the bills, electric and water, go ahead," I leaned into the bedhead.

"Alright, I made enough money to pay for both."

"Good, you can leave now," I dismissed him.

He got up and shook his head. He closed the door behind him when he left.

I took another hit of the blunt, calming down. I took a deep breath as I stared at the ceiling.

The next day, I went to go see Candice at her job.

Luxury. It was one of the best strip clubs in town. I knew a lot of people came here daily.

I sat in the purple satin chair as the women were twirling on the poles. The men were in a trance as they watched. Some of them were stuffing dollar bills in their g-strings.