Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 41▲

Three months later

Everything was fine. Trell, Siren, and Serena's murders went unsolved. It was a huge mess we left from the shootout. When cops got there, they found bags of drugs and linked it to a few dealers in the area. Calvin wasn't one of them. We took the money from Trell's trap and separated it equally among us.

Candi was still working at the dental office. Cal was still out the game and worked at the shoe store. He made no effort to get back into selling. Candi moved on from her miscarriage, but didn't forget. They got better with dealing with it. They were holding off on having children.

Daniel was alright. He left the hospital almost a week after the shootout. He was done with the game also, but still hung out with his snipers. His loyalty laid with Cal and that's all that mattered.

Cal and I's bond with our father got stronger, but it was still a bit strained. He made an effort to stop by often and we did the same. We spoke every week and their was still some memories of the past we talked about. There were no hard feelings. We had to forgive and forget.

"Guess who's home?"

"You."

He smirked and engulfed me in a huge hug, "I missed you Ang."

"I've missed you too. I hope you stay out of trouble."

"I will."

"You better."

I noticed he was holding onto me longer than I liked.

"You can let go of me now," I said.

"My bad," Ace let me go.

I went back to Roman as he gave me a look, "He hugging you a little too long. I had to make sure his hands weren't going anywhere else. Anyway, after this party, I'm ripping them clothes off."

I laughed.

He, Candi, Cal, and I were at Ace's coming home party. The backyard was filled with family and friends as they enjoyed Ace being back.

People were laughing, dancing, and enjoying themselves. Ace was talking to his other friends when other people kept coming up to him and hugging him.

I looked and saw Candi and Cal stacking up their plates with food. She bought a huge purse and put ketchup packets in it and had a piece of chicken wrapped in foil paper and put it in her purse too. She made sure no one was looking and walk towards us with Cal following behind her.

"Seriously Candi?" I said.

"What? They had no to go containers, so what was I supposed to do? Stuff unwrapped food in my purse. Nope, not today, it was not going to happen. At least I won't have to cook for a couple days."

I shook my head in laughter and turned to Roman who was chuckling at them both.

"Y'all on some hood shit," he said.

"You have to make do with what you have, there's nothing wrong with that," she defended herself.

"We'll see y'all later," Cal said.

We hugged and they left.

Some people came up to us and hugged us. They used to live in the neighborhood my mother, brother, and I stayed before we moved.

"Damn Ang, I haven't seen you in a long ass time. I haven't been able to talk to you. I heard about your moms, I'm sorry," Bree said.

"I haven't seen you in a while either. It's alright."

She walked away, other people came up to us and they left, leaving Roman and I together.

While Roman and I were talking and hugging, I felt someone's eyes on me. I turned around, it was Ace smiling at me, he winked.