Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 18▲

Angelic

Calvin was on some bullshit. Why the hell would you want to save someone that causes you and someone else so much harm? That was some shit I didn't have time for.

The only thing him trying to save is going to do is her continuing being a hoe who cared about drugs and sex instead of her own kids.

I wanted to smack the shit out of him. She was never a mother to us even before our father left. She's been the same and will still be the same drug addicted hoe she's always been.

There was no changing her. Shooting up and fucking was the norm for her . I wasn't gonna waste my time tryna help her when she didn't want my help in the first place. Why waste your breath on someone that could care less about you or themselves?

I had my own shit to deal with.

Hell, Mike and them would be doing us a favor if they got rid of her. I wouldn't feel bad if they killed her.

Not only that, she was going through her own pain. Trying to escape our rough life with drugs, sex, and alcohol. Honsestly, if they took her out, it would put her out of her misery.

"Aye, what's up? I heard you yelling. I'm surprised my mom ain't hear you."

I blew a long sigh, "It's nothing."

"You a damn lie. I heard everything. I don't think Calvin should save her ass after all she's done to y'all."

"I don't know, he'll do what the hell he wants."

Calvin

"Aye, you ain't coming to the trap, are you?" Daniel asked.

We were sitting outside of his house on the porch steps, watching people walk by.

"Nah, why?"

"Good. They still talking about killing yo moms, but stay away because they gon try some fake shit with you."

"Thanks man," I looked at him, "Why you helping me anyway?"

"You know you my boy and so are they, but there's certain shit that ain't cool and killing yo friends family member is one of them."

"Thanks, bruh."

"No problem. I know how you feel anyway. Some dudes rolled up, killed my cousin on the spot, no words or nothing. I ain't never found out who did it."

"Damn, sorry bruh."

"Nah, it's cool, I know she in a better place now, but if she was here, she'd be disappointed in me in the path I chose. That's why I want out."

"For real??"

"Yeah man, this shit ain't safe. I ain't tryna live a life where I gotta look over my shoulder every two seconds. Who wants to live like that? I sure as hell don't."

I nodded, agreeing with him.

"You remember when I came in that day and y'all didn't know where I was at?"

"Yeah."

"I was job hunting."

"Word? That's good fam, I'm proud of you."

"I would say the same for you if you stopped selling like me. I haven't been around that shit in a couple days, it's pretty good feeling too ."

"I can see, but you know I can't stop, I'm looking for an apartment."

"You got money saved up, do you?"

"Yeah."

"How much?"