Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 33▲

"Are you sure that you ever moved on? Don't lie to me because you wanna cover up stuff so things don't get worse. I rather you be honest now instead of me finding out later on."

"Yes I'm sure, I never did go on and have a whole other family after I left. Why would I put that on myself? I know you expected me to show up saying I had a wonderful life a brand new wife and kids? No. I wasn't trying to deal with another woman after your mother. She put me through more than enough. Not that I'm stuck on her, but I don't want the same thing to happen again."

I glanced at him, "Looking at you, I see you got a fresh cut, you grew out your beard, I thought you were gonna brag or something . From what you told me, I guess I was wrong."

He chuckled, "You were, but I'll let you slide with that one. I'm still handsome."

He wasn't lying.

He looked around, "I see you're doing good on your own. In a quiet place with no bullshit going on."

I wish.

Calvin

"Come on Candi, I didn't mean it like that!"

"Yes the fuck you did! I work my ass off and all you wanna do is criticize what I do!"

Of course we got into another argument. I still didn't want her in the strip club. She still wasn't trying to hear it.

I sighed, running a hand down my face, "You blowing shit out of proportion and that's your fucking problem. You always want to jump to conclusions without me explaining what the hell I have to say. Then you get angry and don't wanna listen to what I have to explain. All I'm saying is that you should look into another job, we already discussed this shit!"

"Yeah and that conversation ended up being the same as this one! This is fast money-"

I gave her a look, "Don't get me started on that fast money shit because I said the same thing about selling and look at where it got me. I got another job. So you can't tell me shit about fast money because you were saying how I shouldn't do what I was doing. I'm just saying that I don't want you to strip for the rest of your life when you can do better and I know you can."

I ain't had nothing against strippers, they had to do what they had to do to put money on the table. I felt that it should be something temporary, just to get by. Plus, I didn't want my girl showing off her body to other niggas. All that should be for me and only me.

"You know what, Calvin? You getting on my damn nerves, I'm trying so hard not to smack the shit out of you. You think I like doing what I do?? I'm doing this because it puts money in my pockets. I've been doing this since I was eighteen."

"You're older now, so what's the point? You act like drug dealing didn't put money in my pockets. The difference is that stripping is legal."

"It's my damn job! Like I said, I'm doing it to get by. You need to accept it!"

"Accept what?? I'm not accepting that! Just like you didn't want me selling, I don't want you stripping! You can work at McDonalds, Wal-Mart, hell, you could even work Benji's Burgers down the damn street! As long as yo clothes stay on and nobody looking at your body like that, it's cool!"

She rolled her eyes.

"You know I'm right," I said.

"I'm gonna do what the hell I want, now move out my way," she tried to go around me.

I sat in the chair in front of her, with my arms folded across my chest, "You act like I'm being stupid. I'm not. We gonna talk about this until we come to an agreement."