Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 30▲

"What are you gonna do?" Roman asked.

"I have to find out who saw me."

"Girl, you have to and fast because imagine what else they saw," Candi said.

I nodded.

"Yeah and we'll help you."

I was sitting there, trying to devise a plan. I knew I couldn't do it alone. We had to move quickly and smartly. There was no room for mistakes or we'll all be in deep shit.

"Damn, that dude knocked the hell out of me," Candi said as she rubbed her head.

"Ang took care of him," he said, referring to me shooting him through the window.

"You were sexy when you were fighting them though. You were being a spidermonkey and tryna protect your man," Calvin smiled as he kissed her.

He put his good arm around her and smiled.

"I guess," she rolled her eyes playfully.

Roman came back into the living room, holding a bag of ice. He placed it on my neck.

"So what are we gonna do about the person who saw you? Take them out?" he asked.

I shrugged. It would look suspicious if the witness was murdered suddenly after detectives came over to ask me questions.

"Think about it, who is the last person to always leave the building?"

I thought, "Security. It couldn't be him because he was usually downstairs, or he would leave. Somebody was in the parking lot even after the time everyone was supposed to leave. Also, as soon as it was time to go, all the worker would be out of there. They wouldn't waste their time spending another hour over there."

"It was probably a bystander."

"Maybe."

A couple days later, I was at work doing someone's makeup. Once I was finished, I walked over to the sink to clean the brush.

I heard my coworkers talking.

"Girl, the feds came knocking on my door like I killed her. Like damn, can y'all get the hell on?? They came through acting like they were bout to put the cuffs on me and drag me away," Davis said to one of them.

"Yeah, I heard they're asking all the workers again. For what?? It's not like any of us did it. We didn't like her, but we ain't that bold."

They continued talking.

The day went by fast and I was ready to go home and sleep.

I was coming from work when Candi texted me to come to the club so we would hang out later when she was done. I sighed and went over there.

Once I got there, I took a seat and observed the scenery. Something seemed different about it, but I didn't know what it was. The colorful lights danced in the room as people walked around. I felt someone beside me.

It was Siren. Her blue hair was in a bun, showing her face. The black roots of her hair were growing in, but her hair was still nice and it fit her. She was pretty, but annoying as hell. Every time I would be there, she would come out of nowhere and annoy me. That girl wouldn't leave me alone.

I rolled my eyes, not saying anything.

"So I see you're here to watch her perform again?"

I was quiet, not answering her.

"I know you see me."

"I know you see me not trying to talk to you."

"You're gonna have to since I know what you did."