Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 7▲

I woke up, shielding my eyes from the bright hospital lights, I glanced at my arm, seeing nothing but tubes in them. A constant beep filled the room, annoying me instantly.

"Glad to see your awake Ms. Michel," a short doctor with straight, white teeth walked in.

I nodded.

She had a clipboard in her hand, "The stab wounds were very close to your spinal cord nerves, if they were hit, you would've been in much more pain that you're in now."

I listened as she continued talking, "You're a very strong young lady for driving to the hospital on your own in the condition you were in."

"Thank you."

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Yes, that bitch stabbed me," I snapped. When I thought about it, I started to get angry again.

"Who?"

"My mom."

"Your mom??" she was surprised, her eyes widened at the thought that someone's own mother could do this to their child.

"Yeah, she came in drunk and started throwing things around and stabbed me."

"Has your mother sought help?" she was concerned as she scribbled on the clipboard.

"No."

Sensing I didn't want to talk about it anymore, she changed the subject.

"Well, we closed the wounds in your back and you'll be able to go home in a couple of days. Also, we notified your brother and someone else by the name of Roman, they'll be here shortly. I'm going to let you rest."

"Ok, thanks."

She left the room. I was by myself as I stared at the plain white wall in silence.

The door opened, it was a man that I didn't know. He was dark skin, tall, and handsome. He had a freshcut. He looked to be in his early twenties. 

"Hi," his deep voice sent chills through me.

"Hi, do I know you?"

"I was the guy that got the nurses to help you. I'm glad you're doing good."

"Thank you for helping me," I said.

"No problem, I'm Julian," he smiled down at me, showing off his straight white teeth.

"Angelic."

"Nice to meet you, you need anything? I can get you some water, some food, anything," he said.

I stopped him, "Nah you good."

"Ok," he was still standing there.

"You don't have to be here, I'm good. For real, thanks for checking up on me. I appreciate it," I said.

"Nah, I wanna be here, I wanna see how you doing."

"Ok..., go ahead, ask me the question you been wanting to know . Why am I in this hospital bed?"

"Yeah, I'mma be real, why you here?"

"An altercation, that's all I'm telling you. I don't know you like that to be telling you the whole thing."

He held his hands up, "You right. I don't blame you."

I wasn't the type of person to tell someone what was going on as soon as I meet them.

"Since you don't want me to leave, we should talk about something else," he said.

"Like what?"