Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 21▲

The next day, I came from work and began walking around the neighborhood. It was a decent one from the one I used to live in. Since I wasn't the friendly type kept to myself.

There were kids playing and their parents watching. While I continued walking, I saw a familiar face.

Julian.

He was by himself, minding his own business. He went into the grocery store.

Even though he was a cool person, I saw him nothing more but as a person to hang out with but not be in a relationship with.

I knew my boundaries with people. I knew when to push and when to stop. I stopped seeing him on more than a friend type.

I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I grabbed a cart and started to shop, once I finished getting what I needed in one aisle, I went to the next one.

There I saw Sienna and him talking as she was getting a box of cereal. Since when did they know each other?

Her eyes landed on me and she didn't say anything. She kept talking. He didn't see me since his back was turned to me.

I heard part of their conversation while I picked up some items.

"That's what your problem is, Sienna."

"What you mean?? You acting like I prayed for it to happen as if I happy."

"Well you seemed like you were at the time."

"He was...., I don't know, ok?? I thought he was," she sighed.

"Yo ass thought wrong. I told you about that shit. You didn't wanna listen to me."

She opened her mouth and closed it after she looked around, trying to see if anyone was listening. She didn't catch me peeping.

"Whatever, we can talk about this later," she cut him off and walked away from him.

I was grateful that he didn't see me and decide to start a conversation.

When I finished grocery shopping, I went back home where I saw Calvin standing outside my door. It looked like he was waiting there for a while. He had a blank look on his face.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I unlocked the door and put the groceries inside.

He helped me stock the fridge and cabinets.

"So what's up? You popped up unexpected. The times you do, you got something to tell me."

He sighed, "Mike tried to kill me."

My eyebrows furrowed, "What?? When??"

"Today, so I came over here."

"Over what?"

"I went over to the trap to get my stuff because I decided I wasn't gonna sell anymore-," I cut him off.

"You're done selling?? Seriously done? You're through with pushing bricks?" my eyes widened, "Shit, I wanna know if hell froze over because I never thought I'd hear you say that . You usually wanna be arguing with me about how it makes you a whole lot of money in a couple of hours."

"Yeah I know."

"I'm proud of you," I smiled.

I usually didn't like to give hugs, but I gave him one. He was taken back as he embraced me.

"Damn, I never thought you would've gave me a hug," he said.

I pulled away from him, "Me either. I don't wanna see you get hurt. Especially by some fuckboys you trusted to be your 'boys'. You're my only brother and I wanna be there for you just like I want you to be there for me."