Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 40▲

A couple days later, Candi and I were in their bedroom while Cal and Daniel were in the living room. He came over again to talk about what was going on and what they needed to do to carry out the plan.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at them. They were talking about the same shit everyday. It was so repetitive that Candi and I had to take matters into our own hands.

I was pacing back and forth, waiting for Ace to call me back, telling me how things went. Candi sat on the bed as she watched me, "Damn. This is making me jittery."

"I hope everything went well."

"I-"

My phone rang, it was an unknown number. I answered.

"Do you accept the charges of-"

"Yes."

"Hey," Ace answered.

"Hello? How did it go?"

"He put up a fight and stabbed my ass. The riot was crazy as hell," he panted, "Sorry it took a while to call back. When everything was going on, they shut down everything."

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a small cut on the side, nothing big. They got him like mangled the shit out of him."

My face lit up, "Thank you."

"No problem, anything you need, just ask. You know I got a soft spot for you."

"Roman won't have one for you by the way you keep talking to me."

"I don't care, he knew how I felt about you. Shit, everybody knew. I gotta go."

"Thanks again, bye," we hung up.

"How did it go?" she asked hopefully.

"Trell is dead."

"Yes!"

"Let's make sure," I turned on the tv and went to the news channel.

The anchors were talking about a riot and the prisoners that were caught up in it.

"One prisoner that was killed was DeTrell Mosely, a powerful kingpin who was known throughout the streets. He was also arrested on the murder of Adeleine Magdalin and drug trafficking charges months ago. A full on investigation is taking place as we speak."

Cal came into the room, "Candi, have you seen my-" he looked at the tv, "Aye, Daniel come here!"

"Yeah?" he came in. He turned to the tv and his eyes widened.

"Damn, someone got to him before we did. Who?"

"We did," Candi said.

"What you mean 'we did'? What did y'all do?" Cal asked.

"Three days ago, Candi and I went to the prison where Ace was at."

"Ace?? Why you going to see him for?"

"I went because I knew he had people in prison that'll do anything for him. So I had him start a riot and have them kill Trell. It was quick, and way faster than that 'plan' both of you guys had."

"I give y'all props," Daniel said.

"That way, Trell's circle will crumble since they don't know what to do without him and it makes it easier to kill them."

"I like the way y'all think," he said.

"Thanks, it was done faster than the plan you guys had. What was it anyway?" I asked.