Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 39▲

Once we were done shopping, we headed back to their apartment.

When we got there, Cal and Daniel were still sitting on the couch talking. The open laptop was still on the coffee table and the cds were next to it.

They were watching tv.

Cal glanced up, "Damn, y'all back already?"

"Yeah," we both said as we sat our shopping bags down.

"Guess who we saw," Candi said.

"Who?"

"Siren's sister, Serena."

His eyebrows furrowed, "I didn't know she had a sister."

"Yeah, she's the complete opposite of Siren. She's nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted revenge for her sister. She doesn't even live here, so I'm guessing she's here to find out what happened to her."

"Damn, another person we have to deal with," Daniel sighed, "Sooner or later, she's gonna ask you what happened Candi since you worked with Siren. Don't be in her face and friendly."

"I know."

"So about Trell sending that guy for me. I want to know what was his point."

"Most likely he knows about you because of me or Siren said something about you and that 'deal' y'all had so she wouldn't go back to the feds when she already did."

I shook my head and glanced down at my lap, "This shit is getting crazier and crazier."

"I know," Cal sighed.

"When are you guys-" I was cut off by the sounds of guns going off. I heard bullets shattering the windows and fast, heavy footsteps. People were running and crying, trying to get away.

We all ducked and laid on the floor as more bullets flew. None of them hit the apartment.

"Not again," Candi muttered as she shook her head. She put her face on the carpet as she shook. She looked like she was about to cry.

The gunfire stopped. We all glanced at each other and we slowly got up.

There was a knock on the door.

"Who the fuck can that be?? A drive by just happened and there's someone knocking on the door. Seriously??" Cal snapped as he got up and went to the door.

He checked the peephole and turned back to us, "It's the detectives."

I got up and rolled my eyes, "Open the door."

He opened it, revealing the two detectives, they looked distraught, "Are all of you alright?"

We all nodded, "Yeah, we're fine."

"Good, may we come in?"

Cal looked like he wanted to say 'no', but he let them in anyway. He closed the door behind him and they sat on the couch next to us and looked at us.

"So we have new information on the eyewitness."

"What?" I asked.

"She was found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head."

My eyes widened, "Oh my goodness. I feel sorry for the family."

Detective Evers nodded, "Now we have to inform the family and go into an investigation to find out what happened."

The other one said, "We'll keep in contact with you."

They left, leaving all four of us looking at each other with weird expressions on our faces.