Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 11▲

Angelic

"No Sienna, I ain't playing with you! You ain't gon try and trick me into taking care of a kid that ain't mine!" Roman shouted into the phone. He was in his room while I was in the guest room.

I was hearing this shit all day. It was a back and forth thing with them. How was I gonna relax when I was hearing this mess?

".....Girl, don't play with me! I ain't tryna hear all that....., you don't want me to get a DNA test??? Fuck you mean you don't want me to take one?? Hell, I do!"

I sighed, shaking my head.

"Ok, ok fine, I'll meet him. Bring him over tomorrow," his tone changed completely.

He came into the room, "Why your changed like that?" I asked.

"When he comes over, I'mma pluck some hair off him and test it with mine when I bring it to the DNA center. She ain't gon know."

I shook my head, "I'm not surprised."

"Rather be safe than sorry, I ain't taking care of somebody else's child until they turn eighteen. Shit ain't happening."

I shrugged, "Alright."

The next day, Sienna came over with him, she saw me sitting on the couch, "Hi," she said. She didn't acknowledge Roman, which was weird. Something was off about this female.

"Hi."

"Who are you?" she asked in a snappy tone as she came in with the toddler in a carseat. He looked to be about a year old. She took him out of it and held him in her arms.

He had a small afro and had on a blue and white striped shirt and denim shorts. He was a cute kid. She had two bags filled with toys and formula.

"I'm not explaining myself to someone I don't know, so who are you?" I knew who she was, I just wanted to be petty.
"Sienna," she turned to Roman, "I didn't know had yo girlfriend over here, I wouldn't have brought Mason over."

"I'm not his girlfriend, I'm his friend."

"Oh....," she didn't seem amused.

She's been here for five minutes and I already didn't like her. Plus, she didn't introduce Roman to 'his son', that was another weird thing.

"You not gonna introduce me to him?" Roman asked impatiently.

"I was about to before I was rudely interrupted by yo little friend," she eyeballed me, "Mason, this is your daddy, say hi," she cooed at him.

Mason giggled and flailed his arms around, almost hitting her.

"Hey little man," he took her out of her arms. Mason seemed to adjust to him quickly as he buried his face in his chest.

"See, a child knows his parent like that," she said.

"I'll be back to pick him up at 6:30, his formula, toys, wipes, and diapers are in there," she pointed to the two bulky bags and left.

"What did you see in her?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't even know."

Mason cooed and moved around, Roman didn't know what to do with him besides hold him.

I took him out of his arms gently and sat on the couch, "He's so cute. You still getting that test?"

"Yeah, ain't you supposed to be resting?" He took him from me, "He ain't that bad. I don't wanna be attached and find out he's not mine."

"I understand."

"I'll be back," he headed towards the door with him in his arms.

"Where you going?"