Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 29▲

After waking Candi up, we hopped into Daniel's car and sped off. On the way to the trap, I was feeling nervous. I didn't know what to expect. Anything could happen.

I stayed silent on the ride there while they were discussing what they should do.

I was looking out the window when Roman tapped me, "I know you're nervous. I didn't want you to come because I knew you would be stressing like this."

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"I wanted to."

"What do you wanna do?" he asked.

"I'll go with you guys."

"Alright."

We pulled up to the abandoned trap house where there were no cars parked out front. I knew they were in the back to make it look like no one was there.

A couple of cars pulled up behind us.

"That's the boys I got," Daniel said.

The guys got out of the car and tucked their guns in their pockets and came to our car.

"Aye Daniel, you heading in now?" a muscled guy poked his head through the window.

"Yeah, we ready, Z."

"Alright, let's go."

A group of them huddled by the door with their guns drawn and kicked their way in, disrupting what ever was going on.

I saw my mom tied in the chair looking helpless as one of the Trell's men stood in front of her.

She looked over at me with a blank face as if she didn't know what was going on. She wore a stained, plain white tank top and dirty jeans and blue sneakers as if she'd been playing in the dirt. She had big bags under her eyes like she hasn't slept for weeks and has been stressing. Her lips were chewed and slick with saliva. She looked like she was out of her mind which she probably was.

He turned around and starting shooting. Other guys popped up out of nowhere and began emptying their clips.

Someone grabbed my waist and tackled me on the floor, it was one of Trell's guys. I punched him to get off of me and started kicking since I didn't have anything on me. I popped him in the eye.

"Ow! You little bitch!" he yelled. He hovered over me and raised his hand above me.

When he was about to hit me, his body jerked forward and his eyes went wide. His big body began to sway back and forth. He fell on top of me, knocking the wind out of me. He was crushing my body.

Roman pushed him off and I realized he shot him.

Roman shot him in the back of the head again, "You ain't bout to call my girl no bitch."

He helped me over and rushed me behind an old couch. While the shoot out was going on, I saw Calvin wrestling with the guy. Candi threw her shoe at the man, hitting him in the face. It threw him off balance and she hopped on his back, punching him in the head when Calvin got up, cuffing his shoulder.

"Candi, get off!" he yelled. She got off and he pulled out his gun, shooting the man.

Another man tackled her to the floor. I ran from the couch and punched him in the face while she joined in. Roman was on the other side, emptying the clip on some of them.

Daniel's friends pulled me off of him.

My mother was still tied in the chair. Her face was coated in sweat as she looked back and forth at what was going on. Her hair was frizzy and some of the strands stuck to her face. She was breathing heavily as she continued to watch what was going on.