Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 22▲

Angelic

I pulled my shirt back on and eased my way out of Roman's grip. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

When I finished, he was already awake, "You up for round two?"

"No."

"Damn, I knew I put it down, but I didn't know it was that serious," he joked as he slipped on his boxers.

I rolled my eyes.

"Keep rolling them and they gonna get stuck," he walked by me and into the bathroom.

I went over to my phone to check the time, it was one o' clock in the morning. I guess his mom wasn't home because she worked night shifts at the hospital.

"You might as well stay because it's dark as shit outside and you know how it is when a woman is getting home around this time," he called from the bathroom.

"Alright."

He came back into the room and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him and kissed me.

He still held me as he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

He let go of me and said, "You tired?"

"Kind of," I yawned as I covered my mouth.

He smiled, "I put in work."

"I guess....," I muttered with a small smirk as I pushed him away from me.

"What you mean 'you guess'??? You know Ang," he said.

I laid in bed and he laid next to me.

Finally, I went to sleep.

A couple hours later, I got up and went home after we ate breakfast.

I turned on the tv and of course the news was on. It was the about a drug dealer being accused of Ms. Madgalin's murder. He also had drug charges against him and that wasn't helping his case.

I stared at the screen with a blank face.

Even though I was the one who pulled the trigger, I wasn't gonna say anything. I sure as hell wasn't gonna save anyone by me saying I did it . It wasn't gonna end well and I damn sure wasn't gonna help someone I didn't know from a can of paint.

I was making enough money to get by and I wasn't gonna chose confessing over that.

I continued to flip channels when my phone rang, it was Candi.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, what's going on with you?"

"Nothing much."

"Are you doing anything today?"

"No."

"Let's go to lunch, we haven't hung out in a minute."

"Alright, when?"

"Half an hour, I'll pick you up."

"Ok."

I got dressed in a white floral Adidas shirt, ripped blue skinny jeans and sneakers. I put my hair in a neat ponytail and put in my gold hoop earrings.

A while later, she came to pick me up. We went to Steak n Shake and sat down.

We began eating as we talked about what was going on.

"How's everything?" she asked.

"It's cool, how's things been?" I said.

"The club is popping as usual, I'm making money and that's all that matters. Fuck all the bullshit that those females at the club going through. They think fighting each other is gonna put money in their pockets. Like who the hell has time for that? I don't. I'm there for the money and the money only . We're grown women with bills to pay. Most people think that strippers are hoes that do strip for money, yeah we do it for the money, but we're not all hoes . We got school and bills to pay for and families to take care of."