Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 26▲

The next day, I woke up by my phone ringing. Roman left last night and I had the place to myself. I picked up my phone. It was Candi.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Ang, he's up."

My eyes widened, "For real??"

"Yeah, he's been asking for you. Come down now."

I got out of bed and got in the shower. Once I finished, I threw on a regular t shirt and skinny jeans and brushed my teeth. I put my hair in a ponytail and was out the door.

Once I got the hospital, I saw Candi standing outside his room.

"Hey," she said. She looked tired.

"Hey. How long have you been here?"

"All night, but I went home earlier to shower and change. I can't be stank when he wakes up. It might knock him out again," she giggled as she fanned her hand over her nose.

"You right."

I peeked in to see him sitting up, staring at the wall. His shoulder was bandaged and his hair was grew.

I walked in and his looked at me, smirking immediately.

"What?" I asked as I stood by his bedside and glanced down at him.

"I heard what you said to me."

"I love you too," he smiled, "You get on my nerves as much as I do, but that's the point. I know I let you down by doing this and look what I got myself into. I should've left it alone like you said. Since I didn't listen, I'm paying the consequences and I'm learning from it . Don't worry, after this I'm getting a regular job."

"Oh my goodness, I think hell froze over."

"Shit, I guess it did."

"At least you know what you did."

"Yeah."

Silence took over until Candi poked her head in the doorway.

"Aww, it's good to know y'all are over this. Yeah, I was listening, I wasn't gonna read them boring ass magazines they had in the waiting room. The hell I look like? Shit, I almost fell asleep just by looking at the covers."

"I'mma wait outside because it looks like y'all have things to talk about," I looked at them and began walking out the room, letting them be alone with each other.

Calvin

"I'm sorry," I started.

"I know you are."

"I know you ain't really fucking with me after how I treated you. I mean, I was out of line and I shouldn't have done that. You were just tryna help me out and I was snapping at you out of nowhere. I just didn't want you or Ang involved in this because who knows what he would've done if he got a hold of y'all? I wasn't gonna be able to forgive myself if anything happened to y'all. Y'all would go through hell and back for me and I would do the same for both of you too."

"I know, but you didn't have to snap at me. I get crazy when you talk to me like you ain't got no sense. Besides, all the shit that's been going on, got me jumpy as hell. The drivebys, my apartment getting ransacked, the club, it's been getting to me."

"I understand. I wouldn't be mad if you didn't want to be around me anymore. I'll move my stuff out as soon as I get back."

"Who said I didn't want to be around you anymore? Cal, even though you're immature as hell sometimes, you still teach me some things I didn't know and I'm older than you. That's how it works, we teach other things to get better. There's times where I want to choke the shit out of you, but I can't. Hell, we argue like we're together."