Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 15▲

I didn't think I had it in me to do what I did. Many people say they feel like they're in power whenever they have a gun in their hand . Not me. I felt like a killer, but oh well. I did what I had to do.

I was still sitting on the couch, watching tv when Roman said, "What did she do?"

"She took money from my checks."

"I don't blame you. You don't mess with people's payroll, it ain't right," he looked at me, "So what you gon do now?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"Whatever you come up with, just know I'll be there for you."

"Thanks."

The next day, as I expected, it was on the news. Crime scene tapes surrounded the building along with cops, detectives, news anchors, and onlookers.

"A sad day for this company of makeup artists. As we look at the building we now look at a crime scene," one of the anchors reported.

The cameras were close enough for me to recognize my coworkers. They hovered outside, huddled together as they whispered among themselves.

I sat there and saw the investigators carry out a stretcher with a body on it. I knew it was Ms. Magdalin.

The coworkers and bystanders gasped as they saw it.

The detective was talking on the stand, "Their boss has been murdered. The crime scene was gruesome."

"Do you know the cause of death?"

"A gunshot to the head."

"Have you found any evidence as to who did it?" the anchor asked.

"That information is classified. In a couple of weeks, we'll be able to disclose that part of the investigation."

Roman sat next me and his eyes widened, "Damn. Was it close range?"

"Yeah, I'm surprised I didn't have no blood on me."

I turned the tv off, "I feel no remorse, that's the thing. Am I wrong for that?"

"Nah, you did what you had to do."

"I'm definitely not turning myself in."

"I'm not turning you in either," he said.

I knew I would have to go back there so I wouldn't seem suspicious.

Even though I didn't feel bad about it, it wasn't something I would do again. Too much of a risk and it would be way more on my hands.

Something I didn't have time for.

Calvin

I went into the apartment, finding my mom come down the stairs. She spotted me, "You got them?"

I dropped the bag on the floor, she gave me the money, "Good. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

I didn't answer her. She probably just got done fucking.

I left and went to the trap where the boys were. They were watching the news.

"Damn, that's some savage shit bruh, somebody went in that building and shot that lady."

I looked. Some lady got killed in an office building.

Wasn't that where Ang worked?

I had little time to think about it when Trey asked me something.

"Hey Cal, you wanna hit the strip club?" he asked.

"I don't know....," I trailed off.

"Come on man, you don't barely go out with us. Who knows, you might see ole girl again," Trey winked as he nudged me, hinting at Candi.