Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 38▲

Angelic

I was at Cal and Candi's place after that incident with that guy Trell sent to scare me.

They greeted me and I sat on the couch, looking at them both. They seemed happier from the last time I saw them both together. He went into their room.

I was happy that they saw through all the arguments and pushed it aside to come together when she went through her miscarriage.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm alright, I heard about you stabbing that guy."

"Dude was grabbing up on me, you know I don't like people doing that."

"Unless it's Roman."

I rolled my eyes at her and she laughed.
I told him about what happened after I got off the phone with Cal. He was pissed and wanted to see me, but he couldn't because he was at work.

"My girl is a straight savage," she said.

"Did Cal tell you what the plan is?"

She shook her head, "No. All this secretive shit. I want to help him, but he doesn't want me to get hurt."

I nodded, "I see where he's coming from with that, but we need to know something."

"Yeah, we do. All I know is that Daniel has his guys and shit is gonna get crazy."

Cal came back into the living room and he was on the phone, "Dad, you don't know what you talking about. I'm telling from experience, it's not gonna work. How you gonna cut your own hair after you got a line up? You barely got hair anyway."

"You don't have nothing going for you besides that beard," he joked.

I felt a small smile creep up on me as I heard them talk and joke around. It was good that they were speaking civilly instead of having a full on shouting match.

"I'll talk to you later," he hung up and looked at us.

"Look at you and dad getting along."

"Yeah. It's a start, I guess," he agreed.

"So about this secret ass plan you and Daniel got going on, when are you gonna let us know about it? I'm tired of guessing and talking to myself trying to figure out what it is. Got me looking like a crazy person," Candi asked.

"Y'all will find out soon," he said.

She sighed dramatically, flailing her arms before leaning into me and leaning forward, "Oh lawd Timmy, why??? Why don't you ever tell me anything?? After all I've done for you? You gonna go ahead and do me like this??" she said in a fake Southern accent.

Cal and I glanced at her and laughed.

She continued, "Why??? Why?" she cupped her face and shook as she fake cried. She peeked through her fingers and continued to cry.

He rolled his eyes, "Candi, that's not gonna work."

She glanced up at him, "It's not?" she said in her regular voice.

"No."

"So you gonna go against the grain and keep me guessing on what 'the plan' is?"

"Yeah."

She sighed dramatically, "I didn't want to know what it was anyway."

I shook my head and turned to him, "Is Daniel coming?"

"Yeah."

I nodded and glanced at Candi, she had her arms folded across her chest as she pouted, "Whatever. He don't need to come over anyway since he took the honey mustard. The whole damn bottle."