Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 8▲

Angelic

My eyes opened to see Calvin staring down at me intently. I stared back at him with a blank expression on my face.

"Thank goodness you're awake!" he was happy to see me.

I struggled to sit up and he lowered me back down, "Don't stress yourself. You need anything?"

A couple of days ago, we were arguing and I walked out, now he was here, asking me if I wanted anything. Not that I had a problem with it.

"Nah, I'm good."

"Aye bruh, lemme talk to you outside," Roman ushered him outside the room, leaving a blank look on my face.

Before they could leave the room, I said, "Whatever y'all got to talk about, y'all can say it in front of me."

"Nah, I gotta tell him this."

I shrugged, "Alright."

They left the room that's when Julian came back in. He sat in the chair Roman sat in.

"I ain't know yo boyfriend was sliding through."

"He's not my boyfriend, he's my friend."

"What about the other one?" he was talking about Calvin of course.

"My brother."

"Alright. How you feeling?"

"I'm ok, I can't sleep for long though."

My back was still hurting like hell. It would take some time to heal. One of the nurses came in, "Hello Ms. Michel, I'm Nurse Andrea and I'm here to check how you're doing."

I nodded. She came over to me and check my vitals and took blood to check my sugar. Everything was fine.

She left the room, leaving Julian and I.
I glanced at him, "Thank you for getting me help. I know I said it already, but I am grateful for that. You coulda been a heartless motherfucker and lemme bleed to death and not do shit ."

"My mom ain't raise me like that. She taught me whenever someone's in need, you help em out."

I opened my mouth to say something and Roman came back in the room with Calvin behind him. They both looked pissed.

"Who is this??" Calvin glared Julian.

"Julian."

Calvin looked him up and down and turned to me, "I wanna make sure you good. I'mma go see what's up with moms, you ain't going back there. I got enough money to get us a new place."

I shrugged, "Alright."

I was at the point where money was money, no matter where you got it from. As long as he didn't have to kill nobody for it, it was fine by me. For now. Drug dealing wasn't something he could keep up with, there were ways to stash and ways to get caught.

He glanced at me as if I was crazy, "Alright??? You good with the money I make to get us out??"

"Yeah, as long as we ain't with that hoe, I'm fine, just hurry because I don't think I'mma be in this hospital for that long."

"Ok," he rushed out of the room, leaving Roman, Julian, and I.

Roman turned to him, "How you know Angelic?"

"She stumbled in the lobby and passed out, I called out for the nurses."

Roman didn't seem convinced, he turned to me to make sure he was telling the truth. I nodded.

He reluctantly said, "Alright...I'll take yo word for it. I give you props though. That's all I'mma say."

The room was quiet as they looked at each other, Roman's phone rang, "Hello ma?....Yeah, I'm at the hospital....Angelic's hurt...," his eyebrows furrowed as he listened to his mom speak. "Yeah...., I'll tell you later. Love you too ma," he hung up.