Smoke Vibes

Angelic Nyrah Michel

I let the smoke fill my lungs as I closed my eyes, taking it all in. I rubbed my hands against my thighs, trying to create warmth. It didn't help that I was wearing leggings either. I was sitting outside on the porch steps of an empty house on a chilly Friday evening.

I felt someone's arm around my waist pulling me close to a warm, hard chest. I opened my eyes, it was Roman. He was one of my closest friends, but some times we would have sex. It was casual.

He was the only guy I was sleeping with. I wasn't the type of female to sleep with a bunch of guys. I didn't roll like that. Some girls think it's cute to be popping it for a team of guys that ain't shit, but wanna cry when they get their heart broken .

He glanced down at me with his dark brown eyes. He licked his lips and leaned in for a kiss, I put my hands on his chest, keeping him away from me.

He had a weird look on his face, "What's wrong with you?"

"I'm not in the mood."

"You ain't been in the mood for the longest. Now tell me, what's the problem?"

"Leave me alone, I don't wanna talk about it," I tried to move out his way, but he held onto my arm, making me sit back down next to him.

His thick, black curly hair sat on top of his head nicely as he ran his long fingers through it. I looked up at him. He was at least eight inches taller than me. I was 5'5.

He was waiting on me to answer him.

I sighed, "My mom is coming back."

"Where she been?"

"Too busy sucking some random guy's dick to get her next comeup in the club . She stay acting like fucking with somebody else's man won't get her cut in these streets."

This side of town was rough. People around here were greedy and would do anything to have their opportunity to get out of here. The problem I had with it was, some of them went to the extreme and slept around with other people.

To me that shit was grimy as fuck . Opening your legs to have a couple of dollars to your name? The only place that'll get them was pregnant or an STD. Fucking around with other people to get to the top ain't cool either.

I don't get down like that. I rather use my mind to get what I want instead of using what was between my legs . By doing that, someone is bound to be sprung. You can't expect to screw someone over and not have that happen to you. What comes around goes around.

There were times she wouldn't come home for weeks. At first she started doing it, I would be worried sick to my stomach, now I could care less.

"You ain't at least gonna try to help her out?"

"Hell nah, been there done that. I tried to make her ass cover herself up and do something else besides fucking for her next check. No point, the bitch don't listen ."

I took another hit of the blunt, blowing it through my mouth. It filled the air, followed by its strong aroma, making me feel a little more calm.

I shrugged my shoulders as if her lifestyle didn't bother me, but it did. It pissed me the hell off. She had no respect for herself and showed it.

"When she told you she was coming back?"

"Yesterday, she called me. Ain't no point of her coming back, she's gonna leave anyway, the bitch leaves every couple days and comes back whenever she wants."

He took the blunt out of my hand and put it out. I glared at him, "The fuck you did that for??? I wasn't even done yet."

"Now you are. You need to see what's up with yo mom and least try to help her out."