Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 12▲

A week later, I was still at his place. He was against me going back to work, but I wasn't comfortable just sitting around and doing nothing.

"Angelic, nice of you to join us," my boss, Adeleine said. She had a tight, neat bun in the back of her head and her makeup was on point. It didn't hide the fact that she was a mean bitch.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"A week off from work, of course you recovered like that," she snapped her fingers, "When I gave birth, I was back to work in a week."

As if I asked, I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her. I bit my tongue as continued to listen to her go on and on.

"You could've done the same. It's not like she stabbed you in the face."

This bitch here...., I shook my head.

I sat with a blank face, I was over what this bitch had to say, "Ok, Ms. Magdalin, I'm going back to work now," I interrupted her by standing from my seat.

I left her office before she could say another word. I went back to my client who was sitting in my chair.

Once I finished the last touches of her makeup, she glanced in the mirror, her eyes widened with delight, "Oh my goodness, I love it! You got the magic touch because when I came in here, I was looking a mess! You did a really good job."

"Thank you."

She paid me and left, I had no more clients for the day so I went to Roman's house. No one was home.

When I sat on the couch, my phone rang, it was Calvin.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you still at Roman's house?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was just asking. A brother can't ask what his sister is doing? Damn."

"Negro please. Why? You still at Candy's apartment?"

"Yeah, but I'm not staying for long anyway, I'm still looking at other places for us to stay."

"Ok," I heard keys in the door jingling, it was Roman, "I'll talk to you later, bye Calvin."

"I see you were talking to your brother."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I was at Sienna's house, playing with Mason. I'm still waiting on those test results though."

"I know you are."

"So you know I ain't tryna get attached too quickly right?"

"Yeah, I don't blame you."

"Ang, lemme ask you a question," he got serious.

"Go ahead."

"If Mason turns out to be mine, will you still be there for me?"

Calvin

"Where you staying bruh?" Trey asked.

"Somewhere," I didn't want them to know I was staying with Candi because they were gonna start asking a bunch of stupid ass questions.

"So yo place is top secret?" Mike walked in.

I shrugged, not answering him.

"Is it a place where we can sell dope at?" Trey asked.

"Hell nah."

Candi would kill me if I even suggested it to her. She made it clear she doesn't wanna be associated with drug dealing or even have her name brought up.