Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 14▲

Angelic

I was relaxing on the couch, trying to take my mind off of things when Roman busted in there.

"What?"

He whipped out a long yellow envelope that was behind his back, "The moment of truth."

I sat up, waiting for him to open it. I knew he was nervous as hell. Who wouldn't be?

He was holding an envelope that contained one of the most important papers he'd get in his life.

He took a deep breath, even I was nervous and I wasn't in his situation.

He tore it open, taking out the paper, his face changed completely, "I'm not his father!" he shouted as he fist pumped and jumped.

He was celebrating as if he won the lottery, "I dodged that like it was the matrix."

I shook my head and laughed at him, then I turned serious, "Are you gonna tell Sienna?"

"Hell yes!" he took out his phone and dialed her number.

I stood from the couch, "I'll let y'all talk."

I went into the guest room and laid down, hearing the rest of his loud conversation on the phone with her.

"I knew it Sienna! You tried to force a kid on me that wasn't even mine! Do you even know who his real dad is??"

There was silence.

"......Him??? He's Mason's real dad?? Why you tried to make me believe I was his father instead??......You pissed me the fuck off. Why ain't you bother him instead of me?"

More silence.

"Sienna, you really pushing it....Go work something out with him then! Don't try to pin a kid on me!.......Man."

While they were still arguing, I continued to look at my account.

I knew some shit wasn't right. I always kept track of my money and the numbers were dwindling.

No one had access to my checks other than my boss, Ms. Magdalin. I came up with one conclusion, she was stealing from me.

I knew something was up. I grabbed my keys and bag, I headed out the door in a hurry.

I went in my boss's office, she was surprised to see me, "Angelic, it's your day off, you don't have to be here."

"I have questions about my check. Why is it small?" I tried to keep my composure.

"Well.....," she trailed off.

"Well, what??"

".....I don't like how you barged in here demanding answers," she said in a nonchalant tone as she leaned into the chair she was sitting in, looking smug.

"Answer me, Ms. Magdalin."

"Fine, I've been taking money from your checks."

I knew it.

"Why??"

"I've been dealing with my own problems, so why not take?"

"That makes no sense."

"It doesn't have to, Angelic. I did what I had to do."

"I have bills to pay too, you don't see me stealing from other people," I could feel myself getting heated. I wanted to reacg across and snatch that bun off her head.

"It is what it is. I'm your boss, you abide by what I say," she slammed both of her hands on the desk, trying to intimidate me. It didn't work. It made me angrier.