Smoke Vibes- ▲Chapter 20▲

The officers waited there and Roman sat down in front of them.

He looked serious as the Detective Evers asked his first question, "So Mr.....," he waited for his name.

"Tyler."

"So Mr. Tyler, where were you on the night of the murder?"

"At home, me and Angelic were watching tv."

He scribbled something down in his notebook, "Ok sir, do you recall the show?"

"It was something about people in the woods or something, all I remember it was funny as hell."

"Did you know the victim?"

"No, all I know is that she was Angelic's boss. I never spoke to her or met her."

Detective Evers scribbled something down in his notebook as he nodded, listening to what Roman was saying.

"Ok, thank you both for your time. We'll see you both soon," the other cop said as they both stood, getting ready to leave.

When they left, Roman went back to eating, "Damn, they made my food cause now I gotta put it back in the microwave."

He would into the kitchen, leaving me in the living room.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem, you know I would be there for you even though you took the lady out without a second thought. You one of the closest people in my life, you really think I would put you out like that and be an op? I wouldn't do no foul shit like that," he said from the kitchen.

"No, I don't think you would."

He came back with his food, "So, how you gon cover the rest of your tracks? I mean, all the workers are suspects and you can't just up and leave at a time like this because one: you gon look suspicious as fuck, two: where else you gonna get your money when you need it? Either way, quitting ain't an option for you."

He was right. It wasn't. How was I gonna keep a roof over my head if I didn't work? Also, it was gonna look weird on my part if I did decide to leave and go somewhere else.

"You gotta think of something because they expecting someone to slip up on their story."

Calvin

I didn't wanna be here but I had to. I wanted to get the rest of my shit and be out without anyone being here.

Me being at the trap was the last place I thought I would be. I came to get my things and get the hell out without looking back.

I was donw with selling. The money was good and all, but I rather do shit the safe way after seeing what it did to people. Just like Daniel, I was getting out of it and wasn't planning on doing it again.

On my way out the door, I ran into Mike. He was surprised to see me, "Aye bruh, I ain't seen you in a minute, what's up?"

"Nothing, just chilling like I told you."

"My bad about me saying all that shit on the phone, Sienna was stressing me the fuck out about some shit I needed to handle."

"What you gotta handle?" I asked, hoping to get the answer I needed from him.

"Some important shit."

"That important you can't tell me?"

"You'll know later, so what's going on since you ain't been by the trap? You said you been thinking."

"Yeah, I ain't into this selling shit no more."

His eyes widened, "For real?? You ain't doing it no more? First, Daniel now you??"