47

After a while of me sitting alone, feeling sorry for myself, I was getting restless. I wanted to be with my friends. My boyfriend. I wanted to be around people. My people. It was my birthday, Jesus Christ. I wished I wasn't alone.
I was in a bar, tipsy and by myself, on my birthday. It was depressing to say the least.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind me, making me flinch.
"Hi, beautiful." Matty's familiar voice spoke, his mouth close to my ear. I could hear the smile in his voice. I felt my eyes widen and my body stiffen. I whipped around to stare at him.
"Fuck off, Matty." I dismissed him harshly. I felt anger boiling up inside my chest, writhing viciously in my veins.
He laughed softly. "Oh, gorgeous, don't be like that." His hands rested on my waist and I hated that I'd missed the feeling.
"What's been your problem with me today?" I yelled at him, ripping myself out of his grasp.
"Come with me and you'll find out." He laughed.
"It's my birthday, Matty. You knew that. Why did you ruin this for me?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.
"Babe. Don't cry. You'll see. Just come with me and I'll show you." He asked, trying to hold my hand. I balled my fists up to stop him from holding them.
"Don't call me babe." I said coldly.
"Baby, please." He laughed, his eyes glinting mischievously.
"Why are you laughing?" I asked, confused and furious.
"Come with me and I'll tell you." He said, tugging softly at my jacket.
I rolled my eyes. "No." I said stubbornly.
It was Matty turn to roll his eyes. "Nikki. Please." He smiled.
"Why? What's going on? I won't leave until you tell me." I grumbled.
Matty smirked and ghosted his fingertips over my hips. "Come with me, baby. I'll show you. Please." He said with one last pleading look.
I rolled my eyes and shrugged, giving in. "Fine." I sighed.
Matty grinned widely at me and held my hand in his, leading me out of the bar. I hid a small smile.

I sat in the passenger side of his car and watched him from the corner of my eye.
"What's going on, Matty?" I asked coldly.
"You'll see." He smiled, his hand coming to rest on my thigh.
"I just want to go home." I whined.
"Nikki, I know you. No you don't." He laughed.
"Fine." I huffed.
"Fine." He mimicked with a smirk.
"God, I hate you." I mumbled.
"No you don't." He laughed, giving my thigh a light squeeze.

We drove for another five minutes, then Matty told me to close my eyes.
"Why?" I asked stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.
Matty rolled his eyes. "Just do it." He whined.
I sighed and let my eyes close. I could practically hear him smile. After he parked the car, Matty got out and came around to the passenger side to open the door for me.
"Keep your eyes closed and hold my hand, alright?" He said quietly.
"O-Okay." I said, suddenly nervous.
"Relax, babe." Matty reassured me, leading me towards wherever we were going.

I heard him open a door and hold it open for me. I felt a smile slowly spreading over my face.
Then Matty's hand slipped from mine and I was left standing in a dark room with my eyes shut.
"Matty?" I called out.
Then bright lights turned on and my eyes snapped open. I saw crowds of people in front of me, Matty at the front of them. They all yelled 'surprise' and Matty grinned at me.
"Oh my god." I spluttered in shock, grinning like an idiot.
"Happy birthday, Nikki!" Everyone shouted, smiling at me. I spotted Danni, Holly, Gaia, Maggie and Jo in the crowd. Music started pumping through the club and lights flashed over grinning faces. Everyone started to dance and drink, everyone looked happy.
I felt tears welling up in my eyes, it was the best kind of overwhelming.

Matty walked towards me with a huge grin plastered over his face.
"Happy birthday, babe." He said softly, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me.
I looped my arms around his neck and kissed back, laughing at how everyone cheered.
"Is this what's you've been doing all day?" I asked with a laugh.
Matty nodded.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I laughed, our foreheads resting together.
"Had to keep it a surprise." He chuckled, kissing my cheek and pulling me by the hand towards the dance floor.
Matty's hands stayed on my hips as we danced. We laughed and drank and it was the most fun I'd had in a long time.
Holly and Danni shouted something along the lines of 'happy birthday' to me and tackled in a hug. Jo gave me a quick squeeze at one point, beaming at me. Gaia and Maggie both gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday. George, Adam and Ross all gave me a quick hug and said to enjoy tonight.
It had been such a nice night.

"Thank you." I whispered, my arms around Matty's neck. I looked into his eyes, completely sincere. His hands rested on lower back.
"You're welcome. I love you." He smiled.
"I love you too." I said, leaning up to kiss him. It had been a while since I'd felt those butterflies.

(A/N: I hope I did this chapter justice. I liked the beginning part, but I couldn't really write the last part that well. It's okay I guess. Let me know what you guys are thinking so far! x)