Chapter 13: The good kind of rain

~Kate

Apparently he wanted to show me round Forks and… La Push (that was the one) right away.

I went upstairs to go find some shoes, and as I left the table he called me.

"Kate?" I turned round instantly, I just couldn't help it. "Don't take long" he shot me another cocky grin and then he winked.

I left the kitchen before he could see that my face had turned beetroot.

I shot up the stairs as fast as I could - I really was looking forward to spending the day with Jacob. I mean he didn't say we would be alone. But still.

I went into my room, and after battling through the rows and rows of clothes I managed to find the shoes.

I grabbed a pair of gladiator sandals (what, it wasn't raining and it was July) fought my way back out of the wardrobe and sat down at my dressing table.

I slipped the sandals on, and when I looked up from my feet, I caught glance of that scruffy bun in my hair. I was mortified; id actually had my hair like this when I met Jacob?

Well, it was going. I pulled it out, and shook out my hair. It looked good, sort of a straight but scrunched kind of look.

I left my room, slamming the door behind me. (I really needed to break that habit.)

Better go tell sleeping beauty that im going out. 

I threw open her bedroom door in classic 'Kate' style. "Bitch, im going out!"

"Mmmm, alright"

"I don't know when ill be back?"

"Ok."

"Could be late" I loved pushing her.

"ALRIGHT"

"Love ya!"

And then I left her to her hibernation.

I sort of fast walked down the stairs, not wanting to look over keen. He was waiting for me at the bottom, talking to Edward.

They stopped talking when I came down, and Jacob looked up at me and smiled.

"Ready beautiful?"

"Ready as I'll ever be" I smiled my good girl smile again, and followed him out the front door. He had his own car, it was small but it was his own. I didn't even have a car. I barely got my license.

I was about to get in the wrong side of the car, when I remembered. Jacob was looking at me again and he laughed.

"Right! left hand drive over here got it" and I walked to the other side of the car and got in.

It smelled of Jacob in here, it was lovely.

He got in then, shutting the door with a final slam. "Nice car" I looked over at him.

"Yea I built it myself."

"Really, that's brilliant" he just chuckled and started the engine.

"So where are we going?" god I couldn't keep my mouth shut!

"Im going to show you around forks, you can't have forgotten that already Angel."

Git. I squinted my eyes "No, I didn't."

I just sat back and stayed quiet. Then he reached over and squeezed my leg.

"Relax, im not going to kidnap you, just show you around."

He touched my leg. He squeezed my leg. He touched my leg! I think I just had that stroke I was an about earlier.

Forks really was a nice place, we drove in a comfortable silence all around the little town. And then we drove past a sign that said 'La Push'.