Chapter 26: Exposed

~Kate
someone was holding onto me as I was being sick (all over myself).
I was trying my best to push them off, but they wouldn't let go on my head. I had hardly any strength in my body and I was fighting the blackness all the time.
I can remember Jacob being with me, and then he was gone. So who was holding onto me now? I had to scream, what if it was Shawn? What if he came back to finish what he started?
Scream Kate! You have to get help! 
I did my best to make my body do what I wanted it to do, and I let out a scream.
Whoever was holding my head let go and it slammed back against something.
I groaned, I couldn't even hold my head up
"What the hell have you done!" it sounded like Jacob but I couldn't be sure
"She just screamed! What if I've hurt her?" I didn't recognise the second voice, oh god I think it was Shawn's friends.
I couldn't just lay here, I had to do something, but the more I struggled to make my body follow my orders the more exhausted I got. I just couldn't move.
All I could do was panic. I was trapped inside my own body.
"She's struggling to get out of the car! I don't think she knows where she is man"
Oh my god there was another voice I didn't recognise. I just cried.
"Baby, it's me… open your eyes" I was sure it was Jacob. But his voice was so far away "Babe, open your eyes, look at me, please" it was so quiet… I gave into the blackness.

~ Jacob.
I carried Kate into the house bursting through the front door, she was just lifeless in my arms, I didn't know what to do.
"Oh my god! What happened to her? Did you do this to her!" Blondie was straight there
"No, of course I didn't! What the hell do you think I am?"
It wasn't long before she took in all the marks and bruises on Kate's body and just went silent – but not for long enough.
"Who did this to her?" her voice was strained.
Carlisle was there in an instant. "What happened?" he was running his hands over her arms inspecting her.
"She was attacked by Shawn Rix, she's been drugged. Doc help her please!" I practically begged him.

"I don't understand, she knew I was with her, and then when we were in the car when Paul was holding her head up she just started freaking out? What's going on Carlisle?"
I was standing in his office, next to the bed that Kate was laid out on. It brought back so many memories, it was so painful but not as painful as watching my imprint suffer like this. And I'll be damned if I was going to lose the girl lying on this table this time. She was my girl, and I would save her.
"Calm down Jacob" Edward came into the room then and started helping Carlisle with the IV.
"He gave her a lot ofRohypnol, that's for sure. Im surprised she didn't pass out sooner..." Carlisle studied my angel lying on the bed with a frown, looking at the scrams on her legs, and the bruises on her neck and arms.
"It must be her vampire side that fought off the drug for so long" Edward suggested.
"Yes I think so" The doc turned to look at me "did she say what happened? I mean I can't tell if she was-" he cut off before he said it "Did she say anything to you Jacob?"
"No she didn't, she could hardly stay conscious let alone speak"
"How did she get hurt so easily?" I asked them. I've never seen Renesmee get hurt in all the years she's been alive.
"I don't know, maybe it differs for different hybrids Jacob. Maybe Ness got more of Edwards's genes than Kate got of Aros. I don't know"
"Or maybe it's like nature, nurture?" Edward said.
"Maybe."

Carlisle and Edward got her stable, and said that she would come round by the morning.
I refused to let them change her into pyjamas or anything; I just couldn't bear anyone doing that without her knowing, not after what had happened.
Carlisle said that as soon as she came round, he would need me to get her to say what exactly happened.

~ Kate
My head felt like it was about to split open, and my mouth felt like sand paper. And my back was hurting, everything was hurting. Why was I feeling like this? 
Oh then I remembered last night. I supressed the urge to cry, and turned over onto my side, when something tugged at my wrist - ah shit! I opened my eyes, to see what was pulling painfully at my wrist and everything was so bright. I groaned and closed my eyes.
"Kate? Baby? Are you awake?" Jacob voice sounded like music to my ears.
When I opened my eyes again Jacob was leaning over me shielding most of the light so I could see him. He looked terrible!
"Jacob!" I reached up to touch his face "what happened to you?" he cupped my hand that was resting on his cheek.
"Nothing, im fine. How do you feel?"
"Sore" he winced when I said that then I realised, my eyes winded
"No! Not like that… my back and everything hurts that's all…"
Jacob looked at me intently "Will you tell me what happened last night?" he leaned down and gently kissed me on the lips, and I couldn't help the tears that escaped.

"I will if i can get off this table" I said quietly. Jacob instantly lifted me up and held me in his arms, and then he sat down in the chair next to the bed, cradling me to his chest.
"Did he… did he… Y'know?" Jacob was shaking slightly until I shook my head. And chocked out a "No, he didn't"
He sighed and hugged me closer to him. I couldn't help but cry into his chest.

Shawn Rix had destroyed me. He'd taken everything id worked so hard for away from me, he'd known me 4 days and undid 17 years' worth of barrier.
"But he was going to, Jake I was so scared"
he held me tighter to him, while I cried, hissing my forehead and whispering 'I love yous' over and over. After a while of crying out my fear, and hatred for Shawn, I finally manage to stop for long enough to look up at Jacob.
He looked down at me the instant I looked at him.
"Jake, I need to tell you something" he just looked at me bracing himself for whet ever it was I was going to say. I swallowed hard "I've… I've never been with anyone before"
he didn't respond. So I crashed my lips to his dragging my hand through his hair. Then I whispered against his lips "I want it to be with you. Last night I thought… I thought that I wouldn't get that chance. I don't want to lose that chance Jacob"
He kissed me back then.

But we both knew it wouldn't be soon. I needed time to heal.
I was totally exposed; I was just a ball of raw emotion now.