Chapter 21: All is well

Jacob pulled up in front of the house, and helped me out of the car, keeping his arm around my waste keeping me warm, kissing me on the cheek gently and whispering in my ear.

"Im sorry babe"

"You've got nothing to be sorry about" I smiled warmly at him.

"So let's get this straight"

"for the 5th time Carlisle! I defended my friend, and he didn't like it. That is all."

"Yea and then that asshole, charged after her in the parking lot like he was about to tackle someone on the football pitch." Jacob was growling again "You should have seen him, the way he grabbed her! I could have killed him"

"Jake please calm down, it was nothing" I pleaded with him.

"It was clearly more than nothing, Kate. Look at your arm" I sighed. Why was everyone making such a fuss about this? Maybe it wasn't sociably acceptable for men to treat woman like this out here. But where I come from, you can't expect not to get hurt just because someone was a man.

Carlisle's cool hands were helping my arm a little, I must admit. I sighed heavily. I just can't go anywhere.

I felt wrecked. I don't know whether it was because I got up so early, or because of the whole drama or what. I just don't know.

Jacob was at my side instantly, holding my hand that was attached to my good arm, looking at me with that tortured look on his face again.

"Im fine" I forced a smile "Honestly stop worrying. And you can let go of my arm now, thank you"

Carlisle did as I asked, but the same can't be said for Jacob.

"I don't think you should go back there tomorrow" Jacob was seriously like a worried mother.

"You are joking. If he thinks he's stopping me from going back there he can think again."

"That's the way girl" oh yea. I forgot Emmett was here too.

Jacob glared at him.

"Dude!" Emmett punched Jacob playfully on the arm "He's not goanna touch her again, not with you on the scene anyway. And if he does, I'll take him out with you"

He ignored Esme's cough from the kitchen.

I just laughed.

The next few days passed with pretty much no problems, Jacob would drop me off to college, and pick me up. And Shawn would stay the hell away from me.

And then Jacob would come back home with me, and stay the night. Yea we were having uneventful night's as well as days. And Jacob was just happy not to be separated from me. So everything was going great.

Emily got the hairdressing job, and she was like a changed girl. Well not that changed but she was happy enough doing what she did all day. Thus resulting in everyone around her being happy too.

~-~

"Kate! Wait up" Christian called and ran up to me instantly linking his arm with mine, and grinning at me. "One of my friends is having a house party, Friday night"

"That's tomorrow"

"Oh you noticed, damn!" we both laughed "Please come! Don't you dare say you don't have enough time to plan an outfit because girl!- " I loved it when he got like this, his head would be going and his arm, everything "- I've seen the clothes you turn up in, im sure you have enough"

"Ok ill come. Who's going to be there?"

"I don't know! It's a college party. Everyone will be there"

"Will there be drink?" I raised my eyebrows expectantly.

"shhhh! Hunny of course!"

"Good I'll be there" I beamed, I just couldn't say no to Christian.

"Yay!" he squealed in my ear.

I'd just agreed to go to a college party. The house variety of all kinds. Where everyone was invited, and that meant that Shawn and his Mary Men would be there. Shit, how was I going to explain this to Jacob without him freaking out? And then I'd have to explain to Carlisle and Esme that I wouldn't be getting into trouble, and that I can handle my drink (to a certain level).

Oh god. It was going to be a fun Thursday night in Vampire Ville.