Chapter 28: Spirit Warriors

I didn't know what to wear tonight for the best; it's been quite cold lately so I settled for some skinny jeans boots and one of jakes hoodies.
I was strutting around my bedroom in just my underwear trying to find my top, when I felt a pair of warm hands slip around my waist.
Jake pulled me towards him so my back was leaning up against his chest, and he started kissing my neck.
"You really should get dressed quicker…" he started nibbling on my ear as his whispered it.
"You really should knock."
He chuckled and then spun me around so the backs of my legs were pressed up against the edge of my bed, and then he laid me down climbing on top of me, kissing me deeply.
He was running his hands up and down my body, and then up and down my thighs, squeezing them gently.
We were like this for a while until we were really pushed for time, and I reluctantly got dressed (in clothes, not re-putting my underwear on) – with Jacob watching me all the time.

Emily and Embry were making out in the back of jakes car while they waited for us, and I couldn't not notice the fact that he was always touching her stomach in an affectionate way.
"Dude! Not in the back of my car" Jacob warned them as we got in the front.
I just shot them a grin over my shoulder.
Jacob had his hand on my leg the whole ride to La Push, and I had my hand on top of his with our fingers entwined.
I was a little nervous about tonight, and don't ask me how, but Jake could sense it and he squeezed my leg gently.
"Stop worrying babe"

We pulled up at the car park at the beach and I could see the glow of the fire in the distance. Embry could hardly wait for me to get out of the car, before he climbed out pulling Emily behind him, and practically ran to the beach.
"There's food" Jacob stated as he came around the car to me and laced his fingers with mine.
"Now why doesn't that surprise me?" I giggled. Jacobs head snapped down at me, then he backed me up to lean against the car, and suddenly his lips were attacking mine.
"You haven't laughed like that in ages…" he kissed me again a bit more gently this time. "I forgot how beautiful you are when you laugh"
I just blushed.
"Come on" he pecked me on the lips and pulled me down to the beach.

There were so many people! There was practically an even number of both men and women; it seemed practically everyone had a partner.
"Hey Kate!" Quill ran over to me with a little girl with dark hair on his shoulders smiling widely.
"Hi Quill. Who's this then?" I smiled looking up at the girl.
Quill shot a glance at Jacob quickly, thinking I wouldn't notice.
"This is Claire. Claire-bear say hey to Kate"
She just laughed and squeaked out a little hello.
"It's good to see your better Kate" he looked at me expectantly like I was about to burst out crying or something. Or probably worse – be sick all over him.
"Yea, it's good to feel better too" Jacob kissed my head and squeezed my hand supportively.
Then I was dragged off to the camp fire.

Jake introduced me to almost everyone and they were all lovely. A bit suspicious of me (I forget about the vampire side of me) but nice. It turns out almost all of the pack had imprinted on girls. Some were more serious than others, like Sam (who I learnt used to be the alpha before the whole Bella incident) and Emily, they were married with 2 children.
And then there was Kim and Jared, who had just got married and Kim was heavily pregnant.
And Paul – the one who saved me form choking – and Jakes sister Rachel who were happily married.
Seth and Renesmee were more or less just like me and Jacob.
We were all sat around the fire, and the guys were cooking hot dogs, and hoovering them up.
"Eat something babe" Jacob said between stuffing his face
"I am" I smiled and nibbled on my hot dog.
Embry was practically feeding Emily, making sure that she kept herself and the baby fed.
"Bella jumped?" she stood up with a jolt.
Both me and Embry stood at the same time.
"What Em?" I think she was having another vision. I held her hand while Embry held the other one and everyone's eyes were on us.
"What's the matter? What are you seeing?" I asked her quietly.
"Bella jumped off – off a cliff. And Jacob… he saved her" he eyes focused again. And she sat back down like nothing had happened.
I sat back down next to Jacob. And just looked at him, and he looked at me.
"She wanted to go cliff diving, and she almost drowned. What was I meant to do?" he stuffed in some more hotdog. And Embry was left to explain about Emily's gift.

"Right!" Sam clapped his hands together snapping me out of my own daze. "Story time"
And what a story it was! I never knew the pack had so much history; he told us all about how they descended from Spirit Warriors and eventually took the form of a wolf.
And how 'The Cold Ones' tried to attack the tribe and roused the gene, and the third wife's sacrifice to save the tribe.
I did feel a little awkward while this story was being told – even though I knew I couldn't do anything about it, or that it wasn't really my fault. I just felt kind of disgusted about the way some vampires behave.
And im sure there were some eyes on me while this story was being told.
Jake held me close to him the whole time, keeping me warm. It was lovely sitting there all snuggled up with him listening to the stories. It was really romantic, with the fire flickering away.

Once the stories had finished the boys started eating – again!
Then Leah – she was the only girl in the pack – came over to me. And it hadn't gone un- noticed that she hadn't taken her eyes off Emily the whole time, maybe she was lesbian?
I didn't know.
Anyway she came up to me "Hi Kate, can I have a word with you?"
She smiled a little. She really was quite pretty with her short dark hair and her dark eyes. Why didn't she have an imprint?
"Um, yea sure wha-"
"Leah" Jacobs voice was low and thick with authority, it was kind of warning too.
"Jake. Im only gonna' have a chat with her"

Why did I get the feeling there was going to me more to this 'chat' than she wanted me to believe?