Chapter 27: Healing

It took about 3 months - that is for me to completely get over everything. Because it wasn't just the whole Shawn thing I had to deal with, I had the shock of everything finally catching up with me.

But there were some good things that came out of this whole healing process.

Me and Jacob were closer than ever. And I also bonded closely with Rosalie, she shared her story with me and we could both relate to each other.

The first few weeks were the worst, I could just about manage to go to college, and I would only go if Jacob dropped me and picked me up – which he did. I wouldn't go anywhere other than college, and when I finally did venture out, it was either with Jacob, or Christian, Lara and Jen.

It didn't last very long, because I didn't see Shawn ever. So I finally started going out more often - sometimes even alone.

I hated what Shawn had made me become, I was just a shell of my former self for the first few weeks. But like I said Shawn's disappearing act helped, and I was back to almost normal quicker than I thought I would be.

Jacob wouldn't tell me what he had done to Shawn that night, no matter how much I asked him. Neither would Paul or Quill.

I spent a lot of time thanking them, and everyone for helping me, and also apologising for not listening.

I think we were all getting on each other's nerves with me constantly apologising and thanking everyone, and everyone asking me if I was alright.

So in the end, I just had to make myself alright, because I couldn't take it anymore.

A lot happened in those 3 months.

Emily and Embry were getting really close. And one night when Jacob was out with his pack she came into my room, and just plonked herself down on my bed.

"Kate" oh no, I knew that face

"What's wrong?" I squinted my eyes "what have you done?"

"Im pregnant"

It didn't come as a shock to me, but I can't say the same for Embry and Jacob and well everyone.

I knew from the second she told me that she was pregnant that she wouldn't get rid of it. We'd always talked about that kind of thing – y'know when you're young and bored in school, you end up making up cinereous with your friends asking each other 'what would you do if you got pregnant now?' we were around 14 years old (I know it's terrible) but at least we knew facts. Em would always say that she could never get rid of her baby – but I couldn't say the same. I always said that I would if it happened to me, that I would be too young and I didn't want to ruin my life. Emily didn't agree, but it was her opinion and her life. So what can you do?

Renesmee and Seth were in total shock that Emily could get pregnant. And Edward even warned Renesmee that she better not try it. They did look really happy at the news that half vampires could have babies, it was quite cute and sickly at the same time. I couldn't even imagine becoming a mother now, let alone get excited about it.

There were constant debates about what the baby would be and in the end it was decided that the baby would be more human than anything, and would carry some resemblance of a vampire and a shape-shifter.

Emily made it through the three months without any hic-ups, and has just had her first 12 week scan.

And that about brings us back to the now.

As for me though – me and Jacob still haven't made any move to be that intimate yet.

But it was getting closer to the time, because I had just about had enough of not being with him like that.

I still haven't seen him in wolf form, but he promised me that I would – soon.

And I still haven't met most of his family and friends yet, but that's ending tonight.

Because now im all better mentally. And im back! Sharp as a razor and raring to go!

So yea – tonight I was going to a bon fire on the beach in La Push with Jake, and I was going to meet everyone. Everyone who hadn't seen me passed out and covered in spew that is.