Chapter 20: Big fish small pond

God! It was Wednesday already!

The past 3 days have just been plain weird. Everyone was pestering Emily trying to get her to "enhance" her ability. I swear if I have to hear the words "what did you see" once more, I am going to crack.

I was left alone to do as a pleased for 3 days. Which was nice, but no I didn't go wild.

Me and Jacob just spent some time together (like everyone second of those 3 days) and he even stayed with me in the night. But no we didn't do anything. He just looked like he'd been tortured at the mention of him going home. So he stayed. And it was lovely.

Jacob insisted that he drove me to College this morning; it wasn't raining for a change today so I was in a good mood. Especially since Jacob was around.

"Jake I have to go" I mumbled against his lips, but he just tightened his grip on me even more.

"No…" he was practically growling at me as I tried to get free.

"YES! Bad dog!" he laughed then, and let go of me but not before he snuck in another kiss.

"I'll pick you up late babe"

I shut the car door and leaned down through the window "Jake…" I grinned "Love you"

"Love you too"

And that was the last I saw of him for the day. It felt weird without him, but id cope.

And as for the college it was - it was very modern put it that way.

I followed the directions that I was given in my pack when I enrolled to the Health and Social Care floor, found my lecture room, and sat down (ignoring all the stares from the other boys in the room) next to a very obvious looking gay boy, because they're always the easiest to bond with. And to be honest, they usually had a great sense of humour.

"Hey! My names Christian" he was full of beans.

"Kate" I smiled

By the time we got through the introduction of the class, and then went through the palaver of "getting to know each other" exercises id instantly made some friends. We just clicked and it was great.

I'd also had the misfortune to meet the other guys in the class, who clearly loved themselves. And were also clearly straight.

We finally had some time to go and get something to eat, so it was a good time to just sit and talk with my new friends; Christian, Jen and lara.

We were all sitting round a small table laughing and joking about everything, when one of the guys from class came over to us.

"Well hello there" Christian battered his eyelids.

"Ah dude, im not into that kind of faggot behaviour, I came over to talk to this pretty lady"

I pray to god he was not talking about me. But sure enough he was.

I turned round and looked at him.

"Are you serious?"

"Aww baby, no need to be in shock that im talking to you. Im Shawn, and you are?"

"Not interested" I stood up, I don't like any man talking down to me. "And I was asking if you were serious about what you just said to my friend. I don't appreciate your cave man attitude"

"Oh you go girlfriend!" that was Christian again.

"Baby don't me like that" Shawn reached out to touch me on the arm

"don't touch me, idiot, and stop calling me baby. Coz you better get this and get it fast. Im not some air head who's going to play lapdog with you. So you better run along and go play with your friends over there" I waved bitchely (just roll with it) at the table of boys. Dismissed Shawn with a cold look, and sat back down.