Chapter 9 ~ tears

School goes like a blur. Everyone was so nice to me. Misty kept giving me looks which made me feel a bit uncomfortable but I got through it with the support of my new four friends.

I get home and hug Dan and Phil. They congratulate me on my first day and tell me I could go buy us all coffee to have from Starbucks. I agree and head off. Starbucks was only a ten minute walk away from the apartment.

I buy the three of us coffee's which came in the special christmas cups. I was so excited for Christmas in a week. I knew school broke up tomorrow and even though I only just arrived, Dan and Phil wanted to enrol me in asap.

I walked out of Starbucks and decided to take the drinks home before heading to town to buy my new friends some cool christmas gifts as well as Dan and Phil. I was so excited.

As I entered the appartment, I saw Joe and Caspar on the sofa by Dan and Phil. The pair of them looked up at me, smiling, "Hey," Joe said.

"Oh my god..." I managed to splutter out, resulting in Caspar in getting up and engulfing me in a big hug which I enjoyed, "I'm guessing you know who we are then," he laughs.

"K-Know who you are?" I stammer as Caspar realises the hug, "You and Joe were the first YouTubers I ever watched!"

"Really?" Joe questions.

"Yeah!" I exclaim, "You made me laugh and that is what brought me to watch everyone else's videos you were friends with; Dan, Phil, Zoe, Alfie, Marcus, Oli, Joey..."

"That's so sweet!" Joe exclaims and brings me into another hug.

"Dan," I turn to face my dad, "I need to go into town to buy my friends Christmas presents," I say.

Dan nods, "Do you want to go alone or..."

"I'll be good on my own," I say and I leave the apartment.

Whilst in town, I brought everyone a gift I hoped they would enjoy;
Aimee ~ Wolf plushie
Chara ~ rainbow tank top
Alyssa ~ black tank top & a pavket of Cheez-its
Cameron ~ Aftershave
Dan ~ Llama toy
Phil ~ Totoro toy

After I was done, I brought myself a new top and headed home. But this was when I was stopped and slammed against a brick wall in London town.

Ricky.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"Why did you and your little friends run away from me yesterday?" Ricky questioned, "Were you scaredy wuss'"

"Look," I say, "Zoe and Louise may be small but they are more popular than you will ever be and we were not being wusses"

This earns a kick in the chest and I feel winded. Ricky smirks, "Maybe this'll teach you to respect your olders," he laughs.

"You're not even that much older than me; I'm a month younger..."

"That still makes me older," Ricky spits, pushing me to the floor and kicks me in the chest.

"Fuck off Ricky you bully!" I yell.

Ricky stares at me, and then hits me repeatably and wounding me and cutting me. He soon stops and scampers off, leaving me in a mess in the middle of London.

I looked around helplessly as I sat limp on the ground.

Oh my god I was lost.

I look around, panicked. Scared.

In the distance I saw a figure. He was wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and grey converse. As he gets closer, I recognise him.

Oli White.

I was surprised when he came over to me; Oli White had no idea I was Dan and Phil's adopted daughter.

"Are you ok?" Oli asks, helping me to my feet.

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm ok... but happy go meet you!"

Oli smiles, "I'll take you home if you want."

"Sure," I say.

"So where do you live?" Oli asks.

"With Dan and Phil," I say.

Oli raises a eye-brow, "Really?"

"Yeah! I'm telling the truth I swear! My name is even Lexi Lester-Howell..." but Oli was on the phone now, ringing my dads.

Oli White didn't believe me.

When Oli finishes the call, he wraps me into a hug, "I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. It's just when I help other people out they will pretend to be one of my friends adopted children just so they can meet them..."

"It's fine, really," I smile, the blood still oozing from my burst lip.

"Come on then, let's go," Oli says.

🌟🌟🌟

When we get to the house, it is Dan that answers. He greets Oli and then brings me into a deep hug, "What the hell happened Lexi?"

I set my shopping down on the floor (I was still glad I had it) and hugged Dan back, "Ricky... he beat me up..."

I felt my warm tears trickle down my cheeks as Dan held me to him closer. Oli goes upstairs to say hi to Phil and Caspar and Joe and Dan takes me to the bathroom to clean me up.

"I knew I should have gone with you," Dan said

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm just glad Oli found me."

"So am I," Dan said, "But you know, we should probably tell out fans that we have you..."

I nod, "I mean, Oli didn't even know who I was ~ that's why he called you," I laugh.

"We'll make a video tonight, when Joe and Caspar go home... hey, what if you made a YouTube channel too?"

"Sure!" I exclaim, "That'll be cool!"

🌟🌟🌟

Sorry if uploads today are not that frequent; today is kinda a hard day for me and my family so yeah...

I might upload later but I'll see how it goes.

Hannah xx